Chapter 3

It took hours until Anakin finally arrived, and I was relieved. Though I didn't need saving from Dooku, I did need saving from my boredom and impatience. "He's here," I inform the Count of what he probably already knows.

Dooku roughly grabs me and pushes me through the door into a large hall where we see Anakin, Ahsoka and the clones destroying the droids. "Skywalker," Dooku speaks. All heads turn to him and the fighting freezes. "I knew you would come sooner or later," The Count admits.
"Anakin, get out of here!" I shout, keeping up the act.

The Count ignites his saber and holds it to my neck as I act scared, but Dooku and I both know what would happen if he harmed me. "Let her go, Dooku," Anakin demands.
"Now, why should I do that?" Dooku asks, "My Master believes she could be quite useful to us,"

Before I know it, Anakin uses the Force to rip me from Dooku's grip. Unfortunately for me, Anakin pulls me a bit to hard and I hit my head on the ground as I land next to the Jedi. I can barely understand what has happened before Anakin is in a duel with the Count. "Rex, get her out of here," I hear Ahsoka instruct before she also joins the fight.

I slightly resist against the Captain's grip, looking over to where Anakin is fighting the Count. Soon enough, the Captain and I are running through the battlefield that is now full of droids that have been cut in half. Halfway back to the building that the Republicans are using as a base, I slow my pace as I feel Dooku leave the atmosphere.

Without warning the Captain, I turn and run a couple steps back towards the Separatists. I continuously scan back and forth across the horizon, looking for Anakin. Not soon enough, he comes into my view. He doesn't look hurt in any way, and I can only guess what he did to win the duel.

Anakin runs towards me as soon as I'm in his sight and I wrap my arms around him. "Are you alright?" He worriedly asks.
"I'm fine," I assure the Jedi, "Dooku didn't hurt me,"
"We found your transport," Anakin explains, "All the clones were dead. Killed by a lightsaber,"
"I believe Dooku knew I was on that ship. He shot it down to take me as a hostage," I half-lie. I wasn't shot down to be taken a hostage, but Dooku did know that I was on that specific transport.

Turning back towards the Republican base, Anakin walks with his arm around me like I might collapse at any second. "I need to contact my father," I declare, "Tell him that I'm alright," Before I know what he's doing, Anakin has his holodisk out and is contacting my father.

"Skywalker, is everything alright? Is my daughter safe?" Father hurriedly asks.
"She is safe now and unharmed," Anakin assures my father.
"Dooku shot down my transport," I explain, "Anakin was brave enough to save me before the Count harmed me," Father smiles with satisfaction at my underlying message.
"Thank you, Anakin," Father says before cutting off the transmission.

"Come on, you need to rest," Anakin urges.
"No I don't," I counter, "I am unharmed and feel fine. If anything, I need to spar," I smirk in his direction, hinting at the fact that I specifically want to spar with him.
"I can't. I need to speak with Ahsoka and Rex about the mission and then we might be able to back to Coruscant," He explains.

Looking around, I notice that no one is around to watch us, so I pull Anakin close to me. When my lips first meet his, Anakin goes stiff and quickly pushes me away. Guiltily, I look to the ground like I'm ashamed of what I did.

I lean into Anakin's hand as he gently lifts my chins so that my eyes meet his. Then his lips crash into mine again and I kiss him back. The kiss is harsh and rough but also passionate as I feel his feelings for me. I start questioning my motives. Is this just for me to turn the Chosen One to the dark side? Or do I actually have feelings for him?

Anakin breaks off the kiss too early for my liking and I find myself wanting more. "I shouldn't have done that," Anakin admits.
"I did it first," I point out.
"It's against the Jedi Code," He continues.
"It's only human to love and become close to people," I counter, "Maybe the Jedi Code should change,"

I cross my arms, showing my annoyance with the Code. Anakin just stares at me in shock before soon walking inside, leaving me alone. Sitting on one of the steps, I put my head in my hands. I want to contact my father, but out here, anyone could intrude in the conversation and expose us.

Time passes without me noticing and my commlink starts beeping. I press the button to answer it and Anakin's voice comes through. "Vix, we're about to leave," He explains, "Meet us at the landing pads,"
"I'll be there soon," I promise as I end the transmission. Smiling at the nickname.

Walking to the other side of the building takes longer than I thought it would. I'm going to blame it on the fact that I'm alone. I have no one to talk to at this moment and therefore my thoughts make it feel longer than it actually is.

As I enter a random transport, I feel awkward when I realise that it's the same transport that Anakin is in. But if I were to leave and board another transport, the troops would know something is up and it would be even more awkward. So, I stay where I am. Making sure that I'm on the opposite end of the transport.

Word count: 990