Chapter 9

I wake up on a bed in a room with dark metal walls and a light illuminating the room. Looking around, I find Vader asleep in a chair next to the bed. He instantly wakes as I gently groan in pain. "Hey, take it slow," Vader instructs.

"What happened?" I groggily ask.
"Obi-Wan attacked you when you jumped over him," Vader vaguely explains.
"What's the damage?" I reluctantly ask. When Vader moves his gaze to the ground, I know it isn't good, "What's the damage?" I repeat.

Vader visibly swallows, keeping his gaze on the ground, before answering. "He cut off all your limbs," He finally answers, and I groan in annoyance, "Your father has made sure you go the best medical attention and you've been fitted with four prosthetics,"
"And Kenobi?" I question.
"He's dead, he won't ever hurt you again," Vader promises as he caresses my hair.

"They are all in the correct spots, right?" I ask, trying to make somewhat of a joke. Vader gives me a slight smile as he looks back up at me.
"Yes, you don't have feet for hands," He confirms. I try to sit up and everything hurts as I move.

Gently, Vader helps me up by holding my back up and touching on of my prosthetic arms. Not being able to feel his touch on my arm, I grow angry with myself. "How did I let this happen?!" I scream, causing a chair in the corner to be scrunched up into a ball.
"Hey, you're alright," Vader assures me, "And when we get you up and walking, your father has something to show you that I'm sure you will like,"

I manage to calm myself down and take a better look at my prosthetic limbs. They move exactly how I want them to with me just thinking about it, just like a regular limb. But they look like a skeleton as I see every piece of metal and machinery that holds them together.

Carefully, I stand up from the bed and look around the large and comfortable bedroom. I'm a bit wobbly on my first few steps but Vader stays by my side, always ready to catch me if I fall. Inside the closet, I find black dresses that look stylish but also extremely practical.

The dresses probably reach to about the knee and can be paired with black leggings. Long black gloves and black boots are also provided to cover my metal limbs. "Can you give me a moment to change?" I ask, not bothering to turn and look at Vader.
"Will you be alright?" He responds worriedly.

Now turning my head so I can see his expression, I give him a reassuring smile. "If I can beat you in combat, I think I'll be alright changing," I tease. Vader nods before exiting the room. Quickly and easily, I slip into the dress. The leggings are a bit more fiddly with my new limbs but I eventually get them on as well.

Examining the gloves and boots, I slip them on as well. The leather gloves reach up a little past my elbow and stop a bit below where the dress sleeves start. The boots are also made of leather and reach up to my knee, giving my prosthetic legs support that actually makes it easier to move around.

Outside my room, Vader is waiting for me patiently and he lights up at the sight of me. "See? No problems," I point out. He leans in and gives me a gentle kiss. I can tell that he wants a more passionate kiss, but he's worried about hurting me.

Eventually, I break off the kiss and look up at him. "Now, come along," I say, "We don't want to keep my father waiting, do we?" Vader seems to become so much more professional at the mention of my father and stands up straighter.
"Of course not," He agrees, but speaking like he's done something wrong.

Vader quickly walks off and I follow closely behind. The few windows that we walk past tell me that we are in the middle of nowhere. Floating in space with no planets nearby. Clones roam the halls but move to the side and salute as soon Vader and I near them.

Soon, we enter a near empty room with my father watching something out the window. "Master," Vader greets and kneels on the floor as a sign of respect. At the noise, Father turns around and smiles at the sight of me.

"Nivix, it's so good to see you up and walking," He says, ignoring his apprentice, "How do you feel?"
"It feels weird," I confess, "And it hurts a bit but I'm sure I'll be fine," As I finish answering his question, I give him a hug.

"Vader says you have something to show me," I remember, pulling away from the embrace.
"Yes," Father says like he had forgotten himself, "Come over here," He guides me over to the window and I see a... well I'm not actually sure what it is.

Seeing my confused expression, Father speaks up to explain. "It's a space station that will have the power to destroy entire planets," He says. My eyes instantly widen in understanding.
"It must be the size of a moon!" I exclaim.
"Yes," Father confirms, "And with this weapon, we will be able to eliminate anyone who dares to stand in our way,"

I smile at my father's creation in awe before turning back to Vader who is still kneeling on the ground. "Vader, get over here," I happily instruct. Vader looks to my father as if for permission and my father nods in return.

As I turn back to the space station, Vader picks himself up off the floor and joins me at the window. With my father on my left and the man I love on my right, I feel complete. We all just stand there, watching the slow construction of the station.

Looking between the two men, I smile to myself. I have my entire family right here. And nothing will stand in our way as we rule the galaxy for a long time to come.

And that's a wrap! Thank you all for reading this story, I hope you all enjoyed it. This is actually my first time finishing any kind of story so please tell me what you thought of the ending. 

I personally am a little disappointed in this story because I feel like it's not as well written as some of the other stories I have written. Nevertheless, thank you for reading and I hope you enjoyed it.

Thank you!

Word count: 1014