When Opposites Unite

This is a sequel to 'Shattered', the previous chapter. The picture resembled a scene from this chapter to me so much that I wanted to share.

***

Days passed since their last meeting. Clove was still confused, trapped in her psychological calamity inside of her psyche. Thankfully, Kharis insisted that she and her mother would take on responsibilities until Kyro returned.

Oh yes, Clove has not been spending time with anyone since she learned the truth. Mostly alone, and that stung the Crimson royal family's heart. Because they knew what happened, they knew there was only one person that could heal her soul, and that person was on a faraway land now. Probably it was best to leave Clove alone for now.

Knock knock.

"..." She didn't respond, just sat on a red cushion on the balcony, wearing her usual blue and white dress, letting the spring breeze gently caress her red hair and  fair skin. Didn't know what to feel or think anymore, just sitting there all day and watching the nature...

The door was opened after a few seconds, timidly, revealing her childhood friend.

"Clove?" Aaron, concerned, entered inside and closed the door silently, walking towards her until he was a few feet away. "Are you okay?"

"Should I be?" She responded with a dangerous calmness in her voice, her back turned to him, never bothering to look up.

It pained Aaron to see her like this as much as the Crimson royal family. He was also aware of the situation...

~

"Lieutenant." Kyro, at the middle of the evening after getting dismissed by Clove, came across the blue guardian. "Come, I want to have a few words with you." He ordered with his usual seriousness, making Aaron follow up behind with a clenched jaw, because everyone was alerted hours ago of what was happening in Clove's current place.

They walked to a secluded small balcony, lit only by a few torches.

"Is Clove ok-" Aaron directly asked with a slight anger, but Kyro cut him short.

"No." The prince sighed and leaned onto the red column on his shoulder to watch the thuderstorm and hailing rain, crossing his arms on his chest.

"What happened? Maids said strange things." He insisted on taking answers.

"Aaron." Kyro remained serious, but not like usual. A faint hint of upset apparent in his breath and voice. "Starting from this night, I want you to remain by her side." He ordered. "Everything about her security is in your and Nouren's hands."

"Well, it always has been-"

"Aaron." He looked at him from above his shoulder briefly, his ember eye getting brighter with yellow dragon scales. "I'm serious. Even if she dismisses you, stay at her peripheral vicinity."

"What did you do this time?" Aaron already got aware of he was guilty of something. Kyro never approached him with this order, always favoring Nouren due to their past.

Kyro, on the other hand, was not angry, but sad. He knew the lieutenant deserved the truth as well, as much as he despised it, Aaron needed to learn to protect her in his absence.

"She learned something horrible. About me."

"What did you do Kyro." He gritted his teeth, getting tired of these word games. "I don't get orders to protect her, because I want to protect her. I will protect Clove until my last breath against those who wish ill to her. But I cannot protect her from herself, not without knowing-"