ONE

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙣𝙚 :
what on earth?

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     "IT SOUNDS HORRIBLE over there

     "IT SOUNDS HORRIBLE over there." Rae's friend Zaidyn pointed out over the face time she was on. The constant windshield wipers that slashed against the windows of Rae's light grey car only proved her point correct.

     Rae was driving tensely—leaned over and had a grip so tight on the wheel that her pale knuckles turned sheet white in contrast to their normal bright shade. Her green eyes were focused outside, searching anxiously for anything other than the sleek road she drove upon. "It is. I can barely see anything outside."

Zaidyn nodded, "I can tell, you're hunched over like a grandma." Rae shot her a quick playful glare, finding her phone propped up on the dashboard. Zaidyn smiled at her irritation but then tried to distract her friend from the evident stress she was feeling, "Anyways. I was thinking about the Jake situation, and I think I should break up with him."

"Agreed." Rae immediately said as she nodded with a small grin on her face. She hated Jake, and that wasn't being dramatic in the slightest. He was rude and treated Zaidyn horribly over and over again, but the girl always forgave him for who knows why. Besides her friend has been telling her about her attraction to the same sex as of lately and Rae thinks she should go for it, correspondingly dumping Jake.

"You never liked him so what you say doesn't really matter." Zaidyn gave a small laugh, knowing of her friend's eccentric hatred for the male.

Rae scrunched her brown eyebrows, daring to give her friend a haste curious glance, "Then why are you telling me?"

"Because you were right," Zaidyn admitted. She sighed and sunk into her bed, "He's an assho—"

Her friend was cut off when Rae spotted something in the distance, a bright blue sign that read 'MIZOIL' on the top. Rae interrupted her friend, "Oh!" Zaidyn jumped slightly at her friend's abrupt loud voice, "Hey, you remember how I said I was running low on gas?"

"Yeah."

"Well," Rae started to slow down her car in preparation to turn, "I see a gas station. I'm gonna get some."

"Okay." Zaidyn nodded. A moment of silence passed between them when Zaidyn suddenly snapped her fingers, "Ohh...You're trying to hang up aren't you?"

      "Yup." Rae shortly nodded, pursing her lips to try and hide her smile, the cause being her friend's lack of ability to understand social situations.