FOURTEEN

𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣 :
betrayal and protection

﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎﹏︎

     ANNETTE WAS GRASPING HER SIDE lightly in pain once they spotted her sitting against the wall on the hard floor

ANNETTE WAS GRASPING HER SIDE lightly in pain once they spotted her sitting against the wall on the hard floor. Leon commented on her state as they walked up to her, "Jesus, that looks bad."

"Feels worse, believe me." Annette managed to say in a choked-out manner. She looked to be struggling with everything right now, the pain too strong to bear no doubt.

"Look, about what you said...I don't know how much I believe it, but I'm willing to—"

Annette interrupted Leon, "Just tell me you'll destroy that G sample."

"Why should we? It's evidence." Rae frowned, crouching in front of the woman to talk at eye level as Leon kneeled at her side.

"Yeah, it's going to the FBI," Leon added.

Annette let out a laugh that sounded more like a cough, "You trust that bitch?"

Leon reeled back, even Rae was confused. What was this random scientist's deal with Ada? He asked, "What's that supposed to mean?"

"She's not FBI, she's a mercenary," Annette informed the two. Rae's mouth fell slightly in shock at the woman's words while Leon's expression dropped, "She's gonna sell it—The G-Virus is gonna go to the highest bidder."

"That's bullshit." Leon spat, standing up.

Rae joined the argument next, "I mean...Leon Annette's dying, what does she have to lie about!?"

It was clear Leon didn't agree(or didn't want to) as he went to argue, "She's—"

"The blame's going on Annette no matter what, she has nothing to lose anymore! Leon I..." Rae paused for a moment as she watched his eyes doubtfully flicker to hers, "I think she's telling the truth."

"I am. But I hope you're right..." Annette responded to Leon's earlier words about it being bullshit as she leaned to the side, grasping her injury with a pained expression.

Annette let out a pained breath as she almost reached the floor completely, "Although if the G-Virus...gets into the wrong hands..." before she could finish her sentence her head hit the floor. She let out a breath before her mouth stayed still, and her body went limp.