Chapter 15: The News

Chapter 15

Joe was amazed," Thank you," He said as he took the information from Jenny," You are amazing!"

"Thanks! Remember pay me in shoes!" She giggled, "ohh and chocolate!!!"

Joe chuckled, "Absolutely," he promised her. He got up," Thanks for everything guys," he said to them as he was getting ready to head out.

"Go get her joe!!" She smiled hugging Jordan as they watched him leave.

Joe left Jordan's place and got in his car, he plugged in the address he had gotten into his GPS. He headed towards Anabella's place.

When he arrived at her place he could see her thru the window. His heart fluttered at the sight of her.

She was in her kitchen and looked like she was cooking.

He slowly got out of the car and went to knock on the door.

Anabella heard the door and wiped her hands, she went to her front door and pulled it open. When she saw Joe standing there she was surprised," Joe, what are you doing here?" she asked softly.

"I came here for you... Annabella... I love you..." he said softly

"What?" she whispered stunned," I...but...what about her?" she finally asked afraid to say her name.

"Nina means nothing to me.. she's heartless and mean!!!" He said, "you're kind and loving.. and beautiful inside and out.."

Anabella opened her mouth and closed it slowly," I love you too," she said softly.

"Really?!?!" He asked.

"Yes," she said softly," I was going to tell you when we were interrupted."

"Well now I know and now you know I love you back! " he said.

"Do you want to come in?" she asked softly," I was in the middle of fixing dinner."

"I'd like that.." he smiled and went in. He took his coat and shoes off before going Into the kitchen to hug her from behind as she cooked.

She turned her head and smiled at him, she liked feeling his arms around her.

"This feels right..." she smiled.

"It feels perfect," He said softly as he buried his face in her neck, kissing the back of it softly, he sighed softly letting his warm breath kiss her skin gently. He knew he had to tell her about selling the house and moving, he kinda felt like the timing sucked considering she had just told him she loved him.

"What's wrong?" she asked.

He was half tempted to say nothing was wrong but he didn't want to start lying to her about what he was thinking and feeling," I have something to tell you and I'm not sure you'll like this," he said softly.

"What is it, Joey?" She asked

"I'm selling my house," he said quietly, he paused for a moment to let that one sink in.

" Why? "Anabella asked confused.

" I was telling the truth when I said Nina demanded it. She had an actual fit over it, I never liked it," He said quietly.

" Okay so is it bad you're selling it?" she asked him.

" No...uh, it's the second part of all of this," he said hesitantly," I'm moving."

" Well obviously if you are selling your house you're going to be moving," she said still confused.

" To Los Angeles," he supplied quietly.

"L-Los Angeles?" She asked softly.

"Yeah," he said quietly," My solo career hasn't exactly been taking off, it's been more like tanks. I have a background in theater so I thought maybe I could use that...audition for things take a new career path."

"Oh.... well then I'm sorry You have to move away..." she said

He ran his hand down her arm slowly," I still want us to be together," he said softly," I meant it when I said I love you"

"And I meant it when I said it back," she said

"We will make it work," he said softly to her," I can't give you up now even if I wanted to."

"So long distance?" She asked

"For a little while," He said softly.

"Okay..." she said, trying not to show her sadness

He reached over trailing his finger down her cheek gently," We will be together. I promise you," he said softly.

She finished cooking and was putting together plates with food.

"Anabella please," he said

"Food's going to get cold," she said softly.

"Okay," he said and sat down.

She brought the plates to the table setting one in front of him, and one at her place. She got glasses and poured them water bringing them to the table, setting them down, and sitting down across from him.

He sighed and ate the dinner she offered. He can't lose her now...

All through dinner she was quiet. After she was washing the dishes, and Joey poured them glasses of wine. He came over to her holding a glass out to her," Just be with me tonight. Enjoy time with me,' he said softly to her.

"Then you're leaving," she whimpered.

"I'm not leaving tomorrow Baby Girl," he whispered setting the glasses down and pulling her against him," I have to put the house on the market, sell it, find a place over there, pack up things. You still get me," he whispered.

"But then when you move I don't... Joe, it's been so hard the past few months," she said

He slipped his hand into her hair," Only for a little while. I need to figure out what I'm doing over there before I drag you along," he said softly.

"You promise?!" She whimpered. He smiled and gently kissed his lips.

He kissed her softly, and she was kissing him back," I love you Baby Girl. I promise,' he said softly,' Give me six months to figure things out over then, and then I'll move you down there."

"Okay.... I'll wait," she promised.

Joey smiled softly," Thanks Baby Girl," he said to her. He reached for her pulling her close to him. He kissed her softly," Movie?" he asked her.

"I'd like that.." she smiled.

After finishing in the kitchen, they headed for her living room and settled down to find a movie.

Joe needed to cherish these moments with here he didn't want to move away from here but he knew it would all work out in the end.

He spent the next few months putting his house on the market. Getting rid of stuff he didn't want or need, spending time with Anabella, finding a house in California he did like. Selling the house, closing on it, and moving out to LA. The leaving part had been the hardest but he knew this move was the best for him. He was ready to start on a new career path.

<3 <3 <3 <3

Nina has come to end. I hope you enjoyed it. A Sequel is in the works So look out for

   Nina Returns, the second book in the series. Thanks