Chifuyu Matsuno x Reader

(A/N: Fanfiction.)
Disclaimer: The characters from this story are not mine. It belongs to the rightful owner/mangaka, Wakui Ken

Pairing/s:
Chifuyu x Reader
Takashi Mitsuya x Yuzuha Shiba
Takashi Mitsuya x Reader (one-sided/past)

Chapter Title: Promises

****

"I can't wait till we get older. And if the right time comes, I will marry you. That's a promise."

That's what he promised but that seems to be long forgotten.
That memory keeps on playing over and over on your mind for the past few days. It feels like, something's going to happen.

You sighed exasperatedly before shaking your head. It's not like you're rushing to get married since you can still wait for him even if takes another decade but it feels like your relationship right now can only be leveled as bestfriends.

"Y/N." Someone called behind you. That familiar voice.
You excitedly turned around only to be greeted by him holding hands with a beautiful woman. Your smile vanished as they started walking towards you.
You just stared at them with bewilderment.

"Y/N?" Takashi Mitsuya called, snapping you out from the shock.
You cleared your throat and forcedly smiled at them, "Yes?" You asked dumbly.

"You remembered Yuzuha, right? I told you about her. Hakkai's sister."

'Right, that time when you were so happy talking about her. I thought it was nothing but seeing you holding her intimately proves me wrong.' You thought as you brushed away the lump from your throat.

"A-Ah, of course! Hi, I'm Y/N. Nice to finally meet you, Yuzuha-san. Taka-kun was right, you're absolutely stunning." You introduce while lifting your trembling hand for a shake.

Yuzuha gave you the sweetest smile you've ever seen and shook your hand gently.
"Nice to meet you too, Y/N. You're also pretty."

"And we're officially dating since last week." Takashi excitedly announced as he placed his arms around his lover.

"R-Really? Wow, congratulations! Finally, after a long years of staying single. Stay strong for the both of you." You said, giving them a warm smile.

He laughed at your remark before ruffling your hair, "As if I was the only one."

You felt your heart completely shatters as you watched their intertwined hands. They seemed to be so lost at their own world, fully ignoring your presence.
"Well, I-I have to go now. I'm happy for the both of you." You excused as you quickly grabbed your bag and walked away from them, away from him.

You heard him call your name but you just ignored him and increased your pace.
As you reached the nearest park, your knees gave up and you fell on the ground.

You stared blankly at the cold floor. The tears you're holding for a while now begun to fall continuously.

You chuckled as you cried your heart out, you felt as if someone is squeezing the life out of it.

So this is the end of it then...
Nothing left between you and him, just plain friendship and a broken promise.

You were crying silently, ignoring all the odd looks that people are giving you.
Then a handkerchief is suddenly offered infront of you, you stared at it for a long time before glancing at the owner.
Seeing this person made you cry even much harder.

Chifuyu panicked and quickly picked you up from the floor. (Bridal style)
"Shhh shhh. It's okay." He whispered as he walked towards his bike. That calmed you down somehow.