Prologue

"Hey, you, jellyfish-head over there."

Rindou gaped at me, pointing at himself in disbelief. I huffed a puff of  the cigarette in my hand, rolling his eyes at my direction, "Yes, I am talking to you."

"Shimizu! We've been together for years now. When are you gonna call me by my name?"

I just ignored him, not really giving a damn about his whining. I made myself comfortable on a nearby couch, crossing my legs as I glared at him intensely. My brows furrowed with the familiar stench coming from his room.

"Bro, what the hell? Did you hide a body here? It fucking smells sour like funky."

The scent was too much for me to bear so I stepped out of the room, Rindou following close behind me. "Ei, Shimizu, I just forgot to dispose of it. It'll be gone in a few days."

"This is why I hate talking to you, you always reek of corpse juice or something."

"What the fuck is a corpse juice? You meant blood right? Dumb bitch." He retorted, snatching away the cigarette from my hand before throwing it on the ground. I just flipped my middle finger in his face not really having the energy to argue with him.

I mean, it's not my fault that I didn't learn and kept failing my middle-school science. Izana kept making me go to juvie so I never really had the time. Come to think of it, why is he acting like he studied so well when we were both in juvie? 

"Did you read books while we're in jail cells?" I eyed him suspiciously. 

"How do you not know what blood is called?! That's like baby knowledge!" He smiled smugly at me, puffing his chest proudly as if he did something very good for once.

"Uh-huh, what's 5x3?"

Stifling a laugh, I watched as he panicked over my question, his confidence crumbling with each second passing by that he couldn't answer the question. "Rindou, what's 5x3?! Answer me!"

"I don't know!" 

"What's 5x2?" 

He crossed his arms in front of his chest, "Oh, easy, it's 10." 

"Now add another 5."

His eyes widened at me, his eyes pleading for help, "I don't know!"  I laughed triumphantly, my voice echoing through the corridors as if it was the voice of a witch. Heh, I definitely suit the role of a villain. It's way more fun.

"Get wrecked with your 20 IQ, Rindou!"

"Please, we're on the same level!" He complained while I just kept walking away, feigning ignorance from his calls. 

Covering my ears, I whistled slightly to cover up the sound of his whining. Following closely behind me, "Can you please, listen to me for one second? I called you here for a reason you know." He sighed, rubbing his temples in frustration.

"I don't speak bottom."

He glared at me profusely, obviously tired of my shit, "Shimizu!"

Chuckling lightly, I stopped on my tracks giving him a chance to speak. I didn't expect the words he said next, though.

"Mikey died today."

"Get a new one then."  

Rindou deadpanned at me, a serious expression on his face as he stared at me. Wait, was he for real? That Mikey? The Invincible Mikey? Killed? What kind of sick joke was that? This was the only timeline I've been to where he was pronounced dead. This has to be satire.

Shaking him slightly by the shoulders, I gazed at him, demanding for answers, "What do you mean he's dead?"

He folded his fingers into a shape of a gun, pointing it at his head, "Bang! He died like that. Shot in the head by a police officer."