Unused Scene: Smart Ass Bird

So remember how Alter Ego was originally Jaques? Well, this would have been how he was introduced. Enjoy!

Bang bang bang!

Jared slowly opened his eyes. He had missed the announcement. It wasn't that big of a surprise. After Hunter's trial, he had the right to sleep in just a little, at the very least. Jared wondered who was banging on his door. He stood up and walked to the door and opened it. Outside, he found...nothing.

Jared sighed. I'm hearing things now, aren't I? Jared thought. He started to close the door when he heard a voice.

"Good morning, Jared. How was your sleep?"

Jared paused. He turned around to face the outside of his dorm again. Nothing. "What the hell?" he asked quietly. He looked up and down the hallway. "Hello?" he called. "Hello Jared. What are you looking for?" the voice asked. It sounded...robotic. It was coming from behind Jared, inside his room. He quickly turned, trying to catch the voice. No one. "Dammit." Jared said to himself.

"Jared, is something wrong?" the voice asked. "Alright, you son a a bitch, where are you?" Jared said, slowly turning around. "I am right here, Jared." the voice said calmly. Jared paused to roll his eyes. "Alright, then who are you?" he asked. "I am a bird. You should have known that." the voice said, sounding sarcastic through his robot voice. "You're not a bird, smart ass." Jared said, continuing to look around. "But I am. I am a smart ass bird, if you will." the voice said mockingly.

"Um, Jared?"

Jared quickly turned to see Emile. He was looking at Jared with a confused expression on his face. "What are you doing?" he asked. "There's this voice following me around. He sounds like a robot!" Jared explained, looking crazy. Emile looked at the Jared, before his eyes went to the left of Jared. Then, Emile started to laugh.

"Why are you laughing?" Jared asked. "Look...haha...beside you..."Emile said as he laughed harder. Jared looked where Emile said to and saw a small parrot. Jared looked at it for a second. "How did a bird get in here?" he asked. "Beats me." the bird said.

Jared yelled and jumped away from the bird, causing Emile to laugh even more. "W-Why the hell is the bird talking?!?" Jared yelled, glancing at Emile. "That's Jaques, Jon's bird! We found him in his room this morning while you were asleep." Emile said after he calmed down. Jared looked at the bird, who was scratching his wing innocently. "So...he's a robot bird?" Jared asked. Emile nodded. "Yes Jared, that's what I am. Now would you stop being insane for one second and come down for breakfast?" Jaques said. "We sent him down he to come get you, but I guess he wanted to fuck with you first." Emile said. Jared glared at the bird. "Smart ass." Jared mumbled as he walked away to the cafeteria, Emile laughing quietly behind him. Jaques flew to land on Emile's shoulder. "Yeah, he's an asshole." Emile said, scratching the birds neck.