Introspection

The rec room reminded me of my game room in my home. It was loud, but not too loud. There were pool tables and air hockey tables and video games and a large TV with a bunch of channels. I liked it in here; I could introspect quite nicely.

Henley will never go for a loser like you. I hope you know that. 

I shook my head and walked over to a armchair that seemed to be lonesome; I decided it would be the best place to think. 

I sat there thinking about my mental state. I thought about how I was doing. I thought about why I was here. I thought about how and if I'd ever get out. 

I was still thinking when someone tapped me on the shoulder very softly.

"Whatcha doing?" a soft voice said. I turned around and saw Henley. She looked so pale, yet so heavenly. She looked like an angel.

An angel of self-destruction. 

"Erm, introspecting and retrospecting," I replied.

"Pardon me, but can you elaborate? I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer, haha." She smiled. Yup, she was definitely bipolar.

"Introspecting is when you think about what you think about and how you feel currently. Retrospecting is when you think about your past and what happened and why it happened." I shifted in my chair uncomfortably. I wasn't used to talking to people I liked.

She's going to think you're a nerd, Stupid. You suck at talking. Loser,

"Shut up," I said out loud. I just then realized she was talking.

"Oh, alright. Sorry to bother you then. Don't talk to me and answer me if you're going to be rude. Bye." She looked angry and sad at the same time. As she walked away, I opened my mouth, but no words came out.

Haha. She doesn't like you now. You screwed up, just like they always do, Stupid.

I clenched my fists, ready to punch myself in the face. 

 My aid saw me and rushed over to me before I did anything to myself. I wished he hadn't, though; Calamity would get the better of me once again. Nothing will work to get rid of him. Nothing. 

"Let's take you back to your room, dude. 

Chris grabbed me as I thrashed and moved and wished I hadn't looked so obvious. I could have went to the bathroom and hurt myself there.

As I got to my room, I started shouting.

"No! Please! I want him out! You don't understand! No!"

I finally got the chance to do some harm.

'Maybe that will teach Calamity a lesson,' I thought as I pounded on my head and clawed at my arms.

"Get out! Please! I hate you!" I yelled again.

You think you can get rid of me that easy? Think again, Stupid. I'm here with you for the rest of your life.

As Calamity was talking to me, Chris was trying to restrain me. He ran over to the side of the room and pressed a button behind a picture that I never noticed was there. 

'Damn,' I thought.

I continued clawing at my arms until they bled.

"Remind you of something, huh? Remember when I did this a lot to myself, old pal?" I shouted at myself. 

I remember every moment. 

I started crying, and then a bunch of other aids came over t my room. It looked like they were with their patients when they had to help with me. A few of them were standing outside my door with the aid that brings us to the rec room.

One of the patients that was standing there was Henley. She looked solemn and sad. She looked in pain. 

That was all I quite remember before they injected me with some needle and the room went black.