Leggo

⚠️ Caution
This chapter includes some more disturbing content than the rest. I am honestly surprised I wrote it so dark.

I marked the rawest part with ⚠️ both start and end. You will not miss any plot twists if you choose to skip :D

enjoy~ ( the music above is supposed to be played at the start of the chapter ;))

----—----—----—

Oh, how I wished animals were safe from the virus, that they couldn't get it or be affected by it. I'd fancy anything else than this sick horror play.

I wanted this cataclysm to be a nightmare. But desire isn't enough in this world.

As soon as that white metal door opened, I saw what was going on. Everything around me blurred except the two in front of me. Nothing else mattered at the moment, not even what Carlos was thinking. Not even what he was seeing or doing.

Logan lay dying as he had promised, but Nicholai had gone overboard. WAY over moral borders.

There is red. Something red on the wall, on the equipment, on the slick steel floor and red oozing out of Logan. There is red in Trooper's beautiful white fur.

⚠️

Trooper, who had turned into one of them. He had really been infected by the virus. The infection had been spreading from his erupted eye. The one I had earlier tried to dis-infect.

Trooper, who was... devouring Logan's organs. And Logan, who was barely conscious when Carlos and I walked into the laboratory. His stomach was ripped open along with the black shirt he had been wearing. Intestines hanging out like a dissected frog in biology class. There wasn't much time until he'd bleed out.

He was slumped on the other side of the room. Hands unmoving, and feet messed up. Mouth full of blood and nose bleeding out too.

I gasped in a bite of air. Unable to breathe like a fish on land.

It truly made me sick, sick to my soul. There is no other way of describing what it felt like. To see, or smell or feel this moment.

⚠️

I watched as Trooper directed at the two of us. Trooper bared his stained teeth at us. His eyes rapid, dead and nothing like the fluff ball I knew. Trooper growled, face distorting to someone different. He twitched.

But he didn't charge at us.

Instead, Trooper whimpered. His eyes dilated for a split second. He called for mercy, for help.

"He's still there," I whispered to no one but myself. Unaware of the trembling hands and completely colour drained face. Unaware that Carlos tried to reach my consciousness several times.

Carlos lifted his hand on my right shoulder, calling me: " Lady lost their way? There's nothing we can do except relieve them from the pain. It's not your fault." He had successfully reached my end of the line.

I swiped Carlos's warm hand off of me. It was a shift and precise move.

"But it is my fault! I'm the one who caused all of this!" I yelled with my whole chest. My voice calmed down to just a whisper. " I made a deal with the devil..." I sniffed.

Trooper snarled again. I looked into his eyes, them turning rapid again. A big cold shiver ran down my back, and I almost dropped the gun that was so tightly between my fingers.

I knew this time, Trooper wasn't going to stop.

Carlos desperately told me to do it. That he was going to respect my old wish to spare Trooper. " You can't erase the past, but you can do what's right now. End his suffering," Carlos calmly stated as if it was just another job to him. Well, it basically was.