Even if I live for a day

Crawling out of the dusty vents led me here, the disposal centre.

I huffed and patted the dust off my clothes before glancing around. This place was colossal. I was standing on a metal grid ledge, floating above a concrete pit. There were eight numbered tanks lining below and piping all over the place. Not to disregard the bulky yellow claw hanging from the ceiling.

The same colour theme seems to run around Umbrella as the railings had a tint of yellow on them. I leaned on one to get a better view of the weird place. It looked very much like an arena.

The facility was creepily quiet, but I was sure I had gotten away from Nicholai.

I relaxed my posture in the cold and conditioned environment. Just then, I spotted a door at a lower level. It was illuminated, and I got curious about what it hid.

My footsteps echoed like no other. Boots patting against the metal grate that lined my way. The smell of something pungent like acid made its way to my nostrils, making me cringe. I moved down the stairs and to the second floor before the quiet atmosphere was interrupted.

An eruption sound made its way through the door above me. The platform I stood on shook slightly. Then small flakes of cement fell from the ceiling. " I don't like that sound at all..." I stepped further away from the noise source.

"Did Nicholai chase me down already?" I asked in the empty space. My stomach was swirling with anticipation. " He wouldn't make such racket, right?"

The door burst open. The person who opened the door was someone I didn't expect. Jill stood a ledge above me, huffing profusely and trying to catch her breath. I felt myself sigh in relief that it was her. Then it hit me. She was running from something.

Pulling my hand to make a megaphone against my mouth. I yelled at the blue dressed woman to gain her attention: "Over here! what's going on?"

Jill's head snapped my way. Then she smiled, recognizing me from the shadows. She started crossing our distance, running across the grated way and down the stairs. She began speaking at the same time. " Nemesis is on my ass again. I'm trying to shake it off!" She informed me.

At the mention of the cursed creatures name, the ground shook again. This time for a different reason. The door and wall Jill had run through crumbled as Nemesis bashed its body against them. The door frame fell down to the pit with a clang as the monster charged at us.

It ran like a wild beast, roaring like a lion. It had mutated again. Its form was much larger, and so was its power. Sparks flew as its claws made contact with metal. The anomaly was definitely faster than before.

" Holy shit!"

I ran away from it as it lunged for Jill on the stairs. The force of its body made the metal stairs bend before the seams broke. The whole thing was about to fall, and Jill was still hanging onto it!

The first one to drop was Nemesis. But the beast didn't give up as one of its gross tentacles ripped the staircase down with it. The stairs slid down to the dump of a concrete pit.

Supercop fell down a level, almost falling to her demise below. Only her hands were visible from my point of view as she held on with all of her strength. " Jill! Hold on," I jumped to action, ready to assist my friend.

"Take the vaccine first. The city needs it!" Jill shouted at me as I neared her.

Hiding my gun in my waistband, kneeling for the tube. I reached my hand for it in haste to save my friend after. The hurry stopped really quickly. A familiar yet unwanted shadow pressed over me even with the low lighting. A bullet was put between me and the purple glowing vaccine.