What The Hell?

Quietly, I flipped through the dress rack of the local thrift store. Daisy did the same at the other end.

"Oh god, look at this..." I pulled out a dress covered in turquoise sequins. She laughed.

"You should get that one." She joked.

"I think it's more you, wouldn't you think?" I spoke jokingly.

"Yeah, I think I'm good..." She laughed, going back to flipping through, "I'm not really finding much..."

"Me neither..." But I had spoken too soon, "Woah, look at this!" I pulled out a cream colored dress with buttons going down the center of the chest. It was short sleeved and went down to my knees when I held it to my body(pic below).

 It was short sleeved and went down to my knees when I held it to my body(pic below)

"It's total Courtney Love vibes..." I gazed up at Daisy whose eyes were already sprinkled with jealousy, "I think I might get it..."

"Oh cool..." She immediately started flipping through the dresses, trying to find something better. I stepped away, gazing at myself in the mirror, holding the dress over my body. It's so cute...

"You think it'll fit?" I asked her.

"I dunno..." She then pulled out a plain red dress that was short sleeved and went down to her ankles, "Whatta ya think of this?" She stood in front of the same mirror.

"We're gonna look so cute." We both snickered.

"C'mon, let's go pay for these." Daisy said. We did so, put the dresses in our backpacks, and walked to the skatepark.

Daisy and I sat down at the picnic table closest to the bowl. That was when I noticed Frank talking to a girl I didn't know. Who the fuck is this bitch?

Then, they started laughing. My heart hurt from this.

"What're we looking at?" Daisy asked suddenly, now gazing the same way I was.

"Nothing..." My eyes fell to the grass.

"Oh god, you're looking at Frank!? What the hell? You're going to anti-prom with Pete fucking Wentz and you're still torn up about that fucker!?" She spoke angrily, "You should be grateful," I stayed silent, "Any girl would kill to be in your position. Be happy." With that, she got up, and seemed to be ready to leave. I gazed up at her.

"Where're you going?" I quietly asked.

"Home. You're being lame." And with that, she walked away. I didn't try to stop her. I just sat there, with no clue of what to do. My heart had just been shoved into a paper shredder and my supposed best friend just stomped on the remaining pieces before throwing them into a dumpster fire.

"Y/n?" I heard someone ask softly. I gazed up to see Frank. There was no sign of the girl he had been with, "Are you okay?" He sat down beside me.

"Y-yeah..." That was when I realized, I had tears running down my cheeks, "Daisy... Daisy's just being... well... being Daisy..."

"I'm sorry..."

"It's fine..." He rested his arm over my shoulders and pulled me into his side, "Frank...?" He hummed, "Uhm... who was that girl?"

"What girl?"

"The one you were just with?" I asked, "I just... I need a distraction..." I lied.

"She's just an old friend," He explained, "She's visiting from the next town over," I hummed, "Can I ask you something?" I nodded, feeling myself calm down, "Why are you friends with Daisy? For as long as I can remember she hasn't exactly been the best to you..."

"We've been friends since we were little. I know she can be kinda, mean, but she's fun. We're really close," It went quiet for a moment as I sat up, but kept my head rested on his shoulder, "Y'know, if it weren't for Daisy, we wouldn't have met..."

"That's not true." He spoke.

"It is! She's the one who dragged me to this skatepark back in the seventh grade," I pulled my head away to look at Frank, "You were running around, showing everyone your brand new skateboard. Oh, what was on it?"

"Seventh grade? Probably a spider."

"Yeah! It was big, and purple with black background. You wore those dirty red converse that were falling apart beneath you, and your Nirvana t-shirt with that... that black jacket you used to wear all the time..." I then realized that I did in fact have the same one on.

"The one you're wearing right now?" I nodded, "It looks better on you babe..."

"Please, you make it look way cooler." I said. He shook his head.

"No way..." I then took off the jacket and handed it to him.

"Put it on," He chuckled, but took the jacket and did so, "I think it missed you."

"Missed me? Babe, if you don't want the jacket anymore, just say so."

"I didn't mean it like that."

"Sure..." We both laughed. He's so cute... oh if Daisy saw us... she'd be so pissed... but I just... I like him so much...

His gaze on me felt so comforting. I could tell from that look in his eyes, that he, just might, be in love with me.

"Don't look at me like that..." I spoke.

"Like what?"

"Oh, you know." I gazed away into the grass. He rested his hand over mine, but I pulled away.

"Sorry..."

"It's alright, but I should go." I stood up, he did as well.

"Are you going home?" He asked, I nodded, "Can I walk you?"

"Thanks but, I'll be okay," I rested one hand on his cheek while I pressed my lips to the other. When I pulled away I could tell he was holding back a smile, "See ya tomorrow Frankie..." I spoke, walking away.

"Uhm, bye babe!" I turned around and waved. When I got home I dropped my backpack on the floor of my room and fell backwards into bed. I kept my gaze on the ceiling as I thought of a certain skater boy.

OwO-
Hi guys, sorry this chapter took so long to publish! I've been busy watching freaks and geeks. I just finished it today. It's so good I love<3 have an epic day~peace out cheesebags