57

Four months. Four whole months had passed since Riley moved in. I would be lying if I said that I had expected him to move in immediately after I had asked that night. I knew it would take some time.

True to his surprising personality, it took all of one day for him to move all of his things that he wanted to bring. Between him and his brothers it had taken a few hours and he was done before the kids had even got home.

They were ecstatic of course, when we told them that Riley would be living with us from now on. That he would be here every morning and every night. As much as I had wanted him to be here, they had wanted their daddy here with them so much more.

That was the first night that we all sat on a fortress of pillows in the kids room and read story after story together to the twins. Then we tucked them soundly into the blankets and cuddled in my bed, our bed, for the first time as a complete family.

Every day since then had been just as wonderful and we had settled into a routine. I had even managed to get back into working while Riley was at work and the kids were at school.

It had taken some encouragement on my part to convince Riley that working was important to me. He made more than enough to support us and I was thankful for him, but I also needed something for me, to get me into the social bubble that most people my age were accustomed too.

It had actually been going really well. I worked with a couple of girls at a small boutique and besides the gossip that was common with women, they weren't a bad bunch.

Sometimes Riley would visit on my lunch break if he had the time, and of course the girls would flirt, Alexis more than the others, but the best part was that he always made sure to be home for dinner to eat with me and the kids.

Truthfully I could handle the harmless flirting. He was mine and every single night he would hold me in his arms until we slept. The girls at work always bragged on how much they could tell we loved each other so I knew they meant nothing by it.

It had been a dream come true and tomorrow was my birthday and my parents had asked us to come stay. It was close to Christmas now so I wasn't expecting much. I hadn't really celebrated a birthday in a long time, in fact, I had more fun preparing for the twins for Christmas than celebrating my birthday.

" I need you to pack Britt." Riley said as he stood in the doorway with his toothbrush hanging from his mouth. "We need to get going to your parents soon. Ava and Brett already left, so did my family."

The whole clan was going to my parents.

"I'm doing it." I rolled my eyes pulling out my luggage.

"Good. Even Kyle and Hannah have left."

Another thing that had taken me by surprise the last few month. Kyle and Riley had seemed to come to a mutual understanding and actually hung out sometimes. We even had moms nights including Ava and dads nights with Brett while the others watched the kids.

Life was good.

Once I was packed we hit the road and thankfully Riley was a lot like Kyle with the trip. It was the first time he had made this trip with us and he was so patient with the number of stops we had to make, as well as calm when the kids got cranky.

"Who wants ice cream at Nana's house?" He asked when they both got fussy.

"Me!" They screamed in unison.

"Well then you can't whine for the rest of the trip. Only good kids get ice cream." I interjected.

"Moms right kids, plus I know Nana bought a giant tub for you both." Riley added with a smile that made my heart flutter.

Unlike the last time I came here, the trip didn't seem to take nearly as long. Riley had succeeded in making it a more enjoyable drive, not only tending to the kids, but singing sappy country songs to me as we winded through the mountains of North Carolina and Tennessee.

When we arrived we unloaded the kids and entered my parents house which was already bustling with voices and the feeling of complete family happiness.

I sank into the couch beside Ava as everyone continued their conversations. I'll admit I was tired, clearly more so than everyone else who had already opened the liquor.

"So someone has a birthday tomorrow. As much as I want to give you your gift in the morning, I want you to wear it so here..." Ava smiled handing me a box from under the couch at the same time Hannah pulled out a smaller box.

"You didn't have to.."

"Just open them." Levi sighed.

I opened Avas box first, pulling out a off the shoulder black top with silver rhinestones along the thin shoulder straps that looped around the top of the black sleeves. Underneath was some white fitted jeans.

"Thank you." I hugged her before opening Hannah's gift.

I could tell these two had planned this together when the black leather ankle boots I had been asking for were inside.

"Hannah this is too much." I protested, knowing that these boots were expensive.

"Actually, it's from me and Kyle and Ryan, your brother and Grace also pitched in." She grinned.

"Thank you!" I said again.

They all fell back into conversation after that until my parents chimed in.

"As much as we would love to stay and party, us old folk need sleep." Mom said as Averleigh nodded. "I'm
Sorry we don't have room for everyone but the kids have a room and the rest of you have enough blankets to make it work."

"It's fine mom, we can figure it out." I smiled.

"Yeah Bailey, me and Brett are fine down here." Ava added.

"Us too." Kyle smiled.

"You sure one of you could have my room..."

"No, we won't!" Hannah cut me off.

"Yeah, tomorrow is your birthday and you need your beauty sleep." Ava added. "No funky business Riley!" She added as he gave her a shocked expression before breaking into a wide smile.

"Okay, well I am going to get some sleep then." I stated standing up and carrying the two boxes upstairs to my room. I set them down on the dresser and opened my suitcase to put on my pajamas as Riley entered a few minutes behind me.

I drank him in as he stripped to his boxers and lifted the blankets holding out his arms for me to join him. Once I was enfolded in his arms he covered up both up and kissed my forehead.

"Happy birthday Britt, I love you."

"I love you." I smiled as I inhaled his scent.

"I can't wait to give you your gift." He whispered as my eyes closed.

"I already have you and the kids and an amazing life, I don't need anything else." I murmured.

"I think there's still one thing." He whispered. "But you'll have to wait until later."

I pecked his lips before turning around as pressing my back to his chest as his arms held me against him.

I wasn't lying. I had all I needed. A family, great friends, and the perfect man and children I could have ever wished for. There wasn't anything else I needed or wanted.

As long as we were all together that's all that mattered to me.