chapter 62

"I have a plan for you to phase back! It is quite creative if I must say." I tell Tyler.

We get to the cars and I open the tailgate for the wolves to jump in.

"Really? What's the plan?" Tyler asks, sitting down.

"You run into the forest and I follow after with a gun. I 'shoot you' and well you are phased back and I say I 'saved a member who got lost.' What do you say?"

I grab my backpack and hear a growl. I turn around and see the black wolf growling at me.

"Deal." He says then runs off into the forest.

I throw my backpack on and follow after him with my gun drawn. I see him fall on the floor. I aim at a tree to my right and shoot off my gun. I pull off my backpack and dig through it to find his clothes from earlier. I place them in front of him and turn my back to him. I look in my backpack and see money.

I do a mental happy dance. Food! God that sounds so good right now.

I feel hands grip and wrap around my waist. Tyler nuzzles his head into my neck and pecks it with light kisses.

"I never knew how much I missed holding you." He breathes against my neck.

I pull out of his grasp and close my backpack. I turn to face him but I tip my head back just to see his face. Holy crap. He must be 6 foot 3.

"You've grown." Is the comment that comes out of my mouth.

Tyler looks over himself. "Yeah. I guess so."

"Guess so? Come on. I'm hungry and I have money. I am going to go get something to eat."

"Okay. Come on." He takes my hand and leads me out of the forest and back to the cars.

"What is our casualty total?" I ask loudly.

"Seven." Jack says.

"Thousand? Hundred?"

"Seven. That's it. Only seven people."

I sigh in relief. "Thank god. Who is it?"

"The Michealson brothers, Jenson, Karl, Anthony, Josh, and....Hannah."

My knees buckle and grief washes over me. "What?" My voice is only a whisper.

"Not your Hannah, another one don't worry. Your Hannah is with Maggie at the agency." I sigh in relief

"Now bad news. Commander called and is pissed you took everyone to war. He somehow found out how this all started and let me put this bluntly. He is pissed off."

"Well too bad. I fixed the damn problem. If he has something against me then he can talk to me but I saved all their asses here. They were about to wage war anyway."

"Woods! Did you kill your wolf? But you were just crying over the damn thing. How did you shoot it?" One of the leaders asks.

"I did it to protect him." I state while pulling my backpack off and throwing it into the driver's seat. I toss my head toward Tyler who gives a slight wave.

"Hey! You wouldn't do that with me!" Jack yells leaning out of the car.

"Well, you aren't that important are you?" I retort.

"What do you plan on doing with the new recruits?" Someone else asks.

"Training them to become one of ours or set up a district there. I will think of it when we are heading home." I tell him and walk over to the driver's side. I pull the keys, which I forgot to get out of my backpack, out and move my backpack to the passenger floor. Tyler hops into the passenger side and rubs his chest.