chapter 50

No! I feel safe in here. I'm fine in here.

"Okay." I give him a nod.

Jake barks and nods to me.

"Jake says don't be afraid to kick his ass for scaring you." Kyle says annoyed.

I laugh. "Oh, I'm gonna give him hell. Whether it is ignore him or kick his ass we will see."

I walk over to the door and unlock it. Kyle and Jake stand alert by my side.

I take a step back and open the doors swiftly. Tyler falls on his back and gasps for air. I leap over him and run.

Home.

"I'm going home!" I yell.

"We are following right behind you, Summer. I told the warriors to find your brother and your warriors. They are on their way." Kyle says.

"Good!"

"Summer!" Tyler yells.

Oh crap! He sounds like he is right behind me. Don't look back.  Whatever you do don't look behind you.

I break into a sprint. People jump out of my way thankfully. I wish I had my bike.

"Summer! Slow down!" Tyler yells.

"No!" I yell slightly breathless. I turn and run into the woods. I see a black and brown wolf beside me. He stops and turns around.

He's facing Tyler. Oh god!

"Jake, you son of a bitch! I thought you were my friend!" Tyler yells from farther behind me. "How can you choose her over me?!"

I leap over a root and run into something hard. I fall flat on my back knocking the breath out of me. I gasp and look around. Something pulls my shirt. I stand and double over. Jake growls and stands in front of me. I lift my head up and see Tyler catching his breath.

"Summer. Back away." I hear Nathan say from behind me.

"Did I run into you?" I ask Tyler. Even I hear the venom dripping for that sentence.

"No." He shakes his head while straightening up. "Sum-"

"No! You dumbass! She wasn't going to take me away! She was only talking! Then you fucking snapped! She was only talking! You had no reason to freak out! You scared me to death. Scared me! Do you know hard that is to do? Huh? Do you? Then you shifted and went to attack your own mother! She was only making a point about me. Then your best fucking friend had to save me from you. The one person I barely know saved me from someone who supposedly loves me. So I have two words for you, fuck you!" I yell.

I realize during my rant I walked up to him and started pushing him back. We are standing about six feet from where we originally stood. He grabs my wrists and slams his lips on mine roughly. I flinch back and knee him where the sun doesn't shine. He groans and drops to the floor.

I turn and head back to everyone. I keep my face emotionless.  Jake takes a few steps back and sides beside me. I point to Tyler and Jake walks over to him.  Kyle phased back and has clothes on.

"I thought you were afraid of him." Kyle says.

"Was. Not anymore. I'm just pissed off now." I say walking past him. Nate runs beside me. "Let's go home."

"Follow me. I got a ride for us." Nate says walking in another direction.

I follow behind him. I see shadows running beside me. I turn to look and see wolves. They did say he brung warriors and these must be them.