prologue.

Seoul, South Korea.
February 21, 2021.
2:47 a.m

m

She was my brightest star that lit up my gloomy life. I never got scared of the dark because I always knew she'd be there to hold my hand until we reached the light. She kept holding my hand until I couldn't find myself wanting to let go of them. Her arms were my safest place, with her warmth and her favorite lavender perfume. 

She turned my boring life into one that's full of surprises. Whenever I'm in her vicinity, I feel different emotions all at once. She changed me—her principles and morals opened my eyes. She never failed to captivate me with her intellect. She changed my views about life. It's utterly amazing how one person can completely change someone's life. With her, I am a better person.

I'm in love with all her little things. The way her eyes turn into crescent moons whenever she smiles, showing off her Indian dimples. the way she fans herself with her delicate hands whenever she's embarrassed. The way her eyes widen and pop out whenever she gets to taste the food she likes—a sign that she's enjoying the food. The way her eyes—her beautiful eyes that hold the entire universe—shine whenever she's happy. The way her flawless hands fit perfectly into mine. 

She's my beautiful muse. An angel sent from above. A human being that God took his time to sculpt into the perfect being that she is now. She's my favorite subject in every photograph I take. 

I'm in love with all our little things. The strolls at midnight, sharing lunches at the cafeteria, square dancing under the moon, every time we woke up early just to witness the sun rising, though I never was fond of these types of things—I'd rather sleep than wait for such things—because I did it with her, it grew on me. Most of my cherished memories were with her. 

I made her a promise—a pledge that I would forever admire the stars. and this is the day that I'm keeping them. 

Now, I'm going after the stars... my beloved star. 

Wait for me, my love. I'll go to wherever you are, and I'll never let you be alone again. 

I love you always and forever, Kim minju

- Always yours, Kim Chaewon.