A Wonderful Dream

Aragorn looked upon Arwen somewhat sadly, though a fountain of joy that could not be quenched had sprung in his heart. "Alas Arwen, Evenstar of your people. I am no elf, and my enemy is Sauron. for many more years must I wander before we can be together."

"Nay," said Arwen, "Whether you be to the east, fighting the very fires of Mordor, or to the west with Gandalf the grey, I shall always be with you. We will be together, cova meleth nin. (together my love)"

       Joy once again flooded Aragorn's heart and though it was upon this day that he was to leave Lorien for a long while, he smiled for sheer joy. Bending down he picked an elanor and handed it to Arwen. "Arwen vanimelda, namarie (Arwen beautiful and beloved farewell.)"

       Then drawing a breath, the vision faded and Aragorn saw before him Frodo of the Shire. He smiled at him, for the burden on his own heart had been lightened.

""Here is the heart of the Elvendom on earth," he said, "and here my heart dwells ever, unless there be a light beyond the dark roads that we still must tread, you and I.""

Years later as Aragorn stood in the courtyard of Minas Tirith and smiled. Those words had, beyond his wildest hopes come true. A light beyond the darkest of roads had shown, and his heart now dwelt with the one he loved.