17. Fever

Jasmine Knight

"Trouble?" I heard Arden's voice shout from outside my room.

"Yeah?" I replied from inside of my bathroom. I was feeling low and a bit sick so I ran myself a good bath.

Filled the tub with bubbles, some Epsom salt. I also lit some candles and was playing some calm, gentle music from my phone.

"May I come in?" He asked.

"I'm in the bathroom." I said as I heard the room door being open.

"You down for some chicken rolls?" He asked.

"No." I simply replied.

"But you love chicken." He remarked. "What's wrong? Are you okay?" He asked.

"I'm not feeling great so I'm sitting in the bathtub filled with hot water." I replied.

"I'll make you some soup." He said.

"Which one?" I asked, the topic peaked my curiosity.

"Vegetable." He deadpanned.

"No no. I want chicken soup." I said in a small voice by the end.

"I knew it." He said and after a couple seconds, I heard my room door being closed.

The water was extremely relaxing and I was already feeling good.

My lower abdomen had started to ache badly and my back was throbbing too. The hot water made me feel so good.

I rested my head against the end of the bathtub and I didn't realise when I dozed off.

.

.

.

"Jasmine!" I heard Arden's voice as his hand vigorously shook my shoulder.

"Wake up, Trouble." He softly said as he saw my eyes fluttered a bit. He cupped my face and then grabbed my hand.

"Why's you're body so hot?" He asked.

"Thanks, I guess." I said.

"Shut it, stupid. You have a fever." He said as he pressed the back of his palm on my forehead.

I groaned and made a face at him.

"You're not happy to see me?" He asked.

"Are you food?" I deadpanned.

I'm freaking hungry!

"Yup, definitely down with fever." He mumbled more to himself and by now, I had fully opened my eyes.

"Aahh!! Arden get out, I'm naked." I said as I looked down and luckily the bubbles were pretty much covering every part of me.

"Jas, it's nothing..." I cut him off.

"That you haven't seen before but please get out." I said.

"Okay fine." He said as he exited the bathroom and I got out of the bathtub.

I drained it's water and blew on all the candles. Arden had already turned off the music on my phone and took it with him.

As I cleaned myself I realised I just got my periods.

That explains the pain in my abdomen and back. I was a couple days early but it's normal for me.