26

JACE POV

"Please don't do it Kira," I begged as she walked closer to me, "please just let me go. I won't ever come back. Please, I won't."

"That isn't enough," she laughed as she stuck her hand through my chest, wrapping her fingers around my heart, "I want you dead!"

She ripped it out and I gasped. I watched as she turned to a muddy figure and her laugh turned demon like.

I woke up screaming, sweat covered my body.

"Jace?" Kira ran in the door, "Jace? Baby are you okay? What happened?"

"You killed me," I shook my head, "Jon- Jonathon killed me. He ripped my heart out of my chest. I-"

Her arms wrapped around me and I found myself hugging her tightly.

"Breathe," she whispered, "you're safe now. Everything's okay."

I stayed there and hugged her. Flashbacks from yesterday flooded my head, when I was ready to attack her. I'm still thankful Jessica walked in because something had taken over me and I couldn't control it.

"Come on," she whispered as she kissed my cheek, "let's go get you something to eat."

I stood up with her and the two of us went downstairs. I sat down on one of the bar stools and watched as she started making breakfast. She walked to the fridge and grabbed a plate of meat from the shelf.

"Is that deer?" I laughed, "you didn't skin it?"

"No," she shook her head and started laughing, "I went out and got ahold of that last night after I sent you to sleep. It was specifically so you could eat it today. It'll help you faster and better than this junk anyways, so eat up."

I smiled, "thank you my love. You really didn't-"

"I did," she spun and looked at me while smiling. She pointed the fork in her hand at me and her eyes got slightly bigger, "now eat handsome!"

I sat back and started to pick at the meat while watching her. I heard footsteps coming, "Baby someone's coming to the house."

"What?" she spun around, "who?" I watched her as she fixated on the stillness and quietness around her. Her eyes got big, "John. Stay here." She walked to the door and I could hear her heart start to beat faster. She looked at me, "stay quiet and do not interfere okay?" Once I nodded she waved her hands in front of me, "laena."

She opened it and immediately John stormed in the house. She held her hand up and spoke in a language I didn't understand. He froze and started to speak as if he was hypnotized, "I came to kill you Kira. I heard what you did to my friend, he is not dead thanks to me but you, you will be and so will your boyfriend."

She clenched her fist and he grabbed his throat as he started gasping for air, "you will not come near me, you will not come near Jace and you will not come near this house."

"They'll be coming for you," he coughed, "they'll be coming for the both of you."

I watched as she snapped her fingers and he disappeared.

"Where did he go?" I asked.

"Back to his house," she sneered, "I don't have time for him."

"What does he mean they'll be coming for us?" I questioned.

"I don't know," I shook my head, "maybe the Orion hunters? I don't know."

"What did you do?" I asked her, "what made him say all that?"