genshin women and love languages

characters: ningguang, beidou, ganyu, jean, and mona

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

gift giving: ningguang absolutely spoils her partner. as a self-made woman who built herself (and her bank account) from the ground up, she likes to give her lover gifts, almost using presents as an extension of herself, and seeing as she could afford, well, anything, the tianquan does not skimp out when spoiling her s/o. whether she showers them in clothing they had been eyeing, fancy dinners, or just plain mora, ningguang loves showing her love through gifts as she finds putting sentimental value into tangible items is easier than other means of showing affection.

acts of service: ganyu is famous for her impressive work schedule and never ending list of tasks -- a list that somehow managed to include plans to serve her s/o. objectively, one would think the adepti is far too busy to consider putting more on her plate just to show her partner love, but she just cannot help herself. honestly, ganyu does not know any other way to show affection as her life has always been centered around working and being in a constant state of action.

quality time: jean, as the acting grand master of the knights of favonious is very stressed and busy woman. similar to ganyu, the dandelion knight has a seemingly infinite number of duties to accomplish. unlike ganyu, however, jean only sees her service as a way to show her care of mondstadt and its people, not to show her love for her s/o. instead, to show her partner just how much she cares for them, jean will go out of her way to have a little time in her schedule just for them. in this little window of sanctity, only her and her partner exist. only her and her partner can hear the chirping of birds flying overhead. only her and her partner can see the streets of mondstadt light up as the sun begins to fall.

physical touch: beidou spends her life travelling the seas, smelling the salt of the ocean as brisk winds tustle her hair. despite her love for gliding over ocean currents with her crew, a life at sea can become quite lonely at times; therefore, whenever she docks at port and locks eyes with her waiting lover, she unleashes an uncharacteristically touchy side of her. the pirate gives her partner tight hugs, pinning their bodies against each other, slings her arm around their shoulders constantly, and unconsciously keeps a hand on their body at all times. it's not that she means to suffocate them with her touch, she just wants to assure herself that she won't forget the feel of their skin on hers when she sets sails for new places once more.

words of affirmation: mona can tell when someone is lying. it is like second nature in this world, deception; people lie to others so often now she does not even need her knowledge of the stars to help her in that department anymore. because she knows what half-truths can do, the power that fibs hold, she does not want her s/o to ever feel lied to or untrusted when with her. so when tells her partner something, she means it. when she tells them "i appreciate you," or "i love the way your mind works," or "i want to talk to you until our time runs out," she means it.

⋅ ⋅ ── ✩ ── ⋅ ⋅

note: image used above is from https://nellawashere.tumblr.com/
!! :)