taking care of you when you're sick

featuring: xiao, albedo, diluc, kaeya, Childe
note: this is a (various genshin impact boys x gn!reader) <3

x

iao:
xiao isn't the most affectionate person; but, when he sees you lying in bed, eyes closed from the weight of fatigue, he just can't help but be the most attentive, loving person in the world.

he doesn't say much, but the yaksha would keep the glass of water on your nightstand full, set timers for your medicine, and regularly change the cloth resting on your forehead to keep it and your body cool.

you tend to sleep a lot while sick, consequently making you unable to relish in xiao's uncharacteristic pampering and attention.

however, you being unconscious for almost the whole time does make xiao more comfortable with being more affectionate.

he does not hold your hand or press his forehead to yours. instead, he opts for sitting in a chair a foot away from your bed, far away enough to give you space and close enough to keep his eyes trained on you.

he watches for any signs of improvement, discomfort, movement -- anything really. he's such a loving, caring boy. protect him at all costs because he does the same for you.

albedo:
being an alchemist, albedo knows how to pay attention to the little details and cater to each one.

you have a headache? he knows the cure. you have a fever that you can't shake? he has a medicine for that. you're hungry but have a loss of appetite? he's got the perfect recipe for you.

the man just knows everything -- well, almost everything. despite having great knowledge about how to treat an illness, he's never been quite sure how to treat you while sick. should he hold your hand? should he make you laugh or let you sleep?

although albedo's brain does not know exactly what to do in such situations, his heart most certainly does; so, when it comes to those sorts of things, he lets his latter organ take control.

his brain may tell him to not let you have ice cream with a sore throat as the sugar may irritate your already inflamed throat, but his heart makes him let you have it anyways -- that look of bliss on your face makes him think that perhaps the science lied. perhaps the sweet treat actually helped more than it hurt.

diluc:
diluc takes time off of work and will even cease his nighttime escapades as the darknight hero to see to your care. sure, he has tons of employees that he could task with caring for you, but the vinter wanted to do it himself.

"i know you can look after them, adelinde, i would just like to tend to them myself. quality control, we can call it."

when you fall ill you're normally cold, very cold. so much so that your body breaks into cold sweats and you shiver fiercely, needing an absurd amount of blankets to keep you content.

fortunately for you, diluc is like a walking furnace, and he gladly wraps himself around you for the sake of your warmth.

he rests your face in the crook of his neck, his arms twist around your back, holding you to him. you adore the heat he brings and you soak up the comfort of this position while you have it. in an attempt to get closer to diluc than you already are, you press your hands into his chest as he makes soothing, loving circles on your back with his heated hands.

kaeya:
kaeya will act full on silly while your sick to see you smile despite being ill -- he'll literally stop at nothing.

he slips himself besides you in bed, wrapping his strong arms around you while telling you all about his day, making sure to exaggerate the little details and gossip as much as humanly possible. he'll also bring little items he found during his day and bring them to you.

"i ran into jean today and she gave me this...thing...to put into secure storage. so, i just has to take it home to you. apparently it's called a harpastum and klee blew up a new fishing dock this morning with it."

"bring it back? what, do you think im gonna get in trouble? have you seen me? i can charm my way out of any situation thank you very much."

the calvary captain knows that you also need your rest and ensures that proper rest is exactly what you receive; but, he also finds that laughter tends to be the best medicine when it comes to you. luckily for him, his boyish smile and childish humor never failed to make you chuckle.

childe:

childe immediately cancels all of his work plans -- at least, he tries to. eventually, he gets called away on official business for the tsaritsa that he can not wiggle his way out of and is forced to leave your side.

"at present, master childe, you're the only harbinger in liyue."

he finishes his duties as soon as possible though; he doesn't go looking for fights or spend time on frivolous conversations with his subordinates like usual. the only thing on his mind is you and your health, so he is in and out.

when he is with you he will constantly be touching you. whether he has his hand on your forehead, his fingers laced with your own, or his entire body pressed up against yours, childe intends to attach himself to you until you recovered.

"childe, go away."

"hush, ojou-chan. i'm sticking to you like glue whether you like it or not."

"but i'm going to make you sick!"

"i hope you will! then i won't have to work."

he also tries to cook for you, although his culinary skills are not...the greatest. so, after failing to whip up an edible radish soup, childe just buys the two of you your favorite dishes from the wanmin restaurant. he doesn't care about the cost, so long as it makes you happy and feel a little better.

deep pockets, amirite.