Chapter 10

Ella

I walk into Starlight diner taking a seat at a booth at the far end of the diner so that I won't be near anyone. I pull out a book I've been reading, Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover. I order a coffee as I read. 

I always go to the diner to read especially when it's raining because I love the comfort and feel of it. I never see anyone from school come here so I  don't have to worry about seeing anyone and having to avoid conversation. 

fifteen minutes into reading I hear the diner door open, I look up to see Vinnie. You've got to be fucking kidding me. I slouch down in my seat to avoid being seen by him because the last thing I need is for him to notice me and come over to bother me, then if he finds out what this book is about it's over with for me. 

I take a small peak to look at him and I regret it right away. He smiles over at me then starts walking my way.  fuck fuck fuck fuck. 

He takes a seat right across from me "Ella". I look up at him "Vinnie", he tilts his head "what's the book about" fuck me. 

I close the book and place it on the table "none of your business". He smirks at me "oh Ella, you are my business"

I scoff "oh yeah? Says who?"

He smirks licking his lips "says me, you know you never responded back to my text"

I look up at him tilting my head "what text" I ask in a sarcastic confused tone, he bites his lip shaking his head "Ella"

"oh do you mean the million and one texts where you were begging to go on a date with your best friend's little sister, I wonder how he would feel, actually no, I wonder what he would do if he found out" I say smirking up at him

He sighs shaking his head "your not gonna say anything"

"How do you know that"

He looks at me knowingly "because despite how much you think you hate me, deep down you know my love my attention, you love that in a room full of girls my eyes will only and always ever be on you because you know that wanting to be with me is wrong after everything that happened in the past and you loved the adrenaline rush it gave you when I whispered in your ear my Ella" he leaned over the table and whispered "and I know you don't want that to stop" 

I feel the heat rising to my cheeks, his smirk grows when he notices. Too embarrassed to say anything I quickly grab my stuff and walk out of there even though it's raining outside.

I hate him I hate him I hate him

Fuck I really should've brought an umbrella, not even five minutes later I hear a car honking. Assuming its Vinnie I speed up my pace not wanting to face him after all that he just said.

"Elle get in the fucking car I'm not dealing with you being sick just because your upset over some shit" I notice that it's not Vinnie but instead my brother

"Sorry I thought you were some stranger" he rolls his eyes "yeah yeah just get in the car"

I do as he says and get into the passenger seat "how'd you know I was upset?" I ask being worried he saw what happened in the diner although I don't know how he would know "Your my sister, trust me I can tell when your upset" I nod

"I heard you went all out for Nai's birthday"

"Where'd you hear that from," he asks in a hard tone

"Nai," I say "oh," he says and doesn't say anything else and neither do I

I know Vinnie is right, I would never tell Jacob about him trying to get with me but not for the reasons Vinnie thinks, I wouldn't tell Jacob because he would blame me and I hate getting into arguments with him.  

I wish I could just look him in the eye and ask him 

"Why do you love Nai more than me"