9. Vorfreude

In order for Y/n to continue her job as a hashira— attending meetings and such, she was instructed to carry an umbrella and to be cautious whenever these important events occur.

Currently seen walking together were the serpent and sight hashira, who just so happened to look quite strange together. The serpent hashira would scowl and glare at everyone walking by but the woman beside him, who begged to hold her own umbrella to no avail had a wide smile plastered on her face, waving to everyone they'd walk past as her other hand hooked onto Obanai's arm.

"Do you think this emergency meeting is in regards of Mitsuri-Chan and Muichiro-Kun?" Y/n swings her head to turn to Obanai who shrugs in response.

-

"I envy you guys, dammit. Why can't I run into an upper moon?" Sanemi mutters with one eye closed.

Y/n looks towards Tengen and Kyojuro before staring at Sanemi with a dumbfounded expression, "Be our guest." Tengen snickers, adjusting his eyepatch before moving quickly to fix Y/n's, which she thanks him for.

"It's not like people bump into them all the time. These upper moons are no joke. But how are you two doing? Kanroji, Tokito?" Obanai says before sitting behind Y/n.

"Yes! I'm feeling a lot better!" Mitsuri says with a large smile on her face.

"I... am not at full strength yet." Muichiro says with a sleepy tone, his eyes focused on the floor in front of him.

Y/n looks at them with a smile, "Please get some rest, I do believe it will take some time before you both start to feel like yourselves again." Mitsuri squeals at this whereas Muichiro, who sat in front of the sight hashira, shrugs seemingly going into his own world.

"If we lose any pillars, the demon hunters will be in trouble. But defeating two upper moons is very noble indeed as well as the upper moon six Y/n-San and Uzui-San finished off." Gyomei says with the typical tears running down his face, Y/n looking at them in awe.

"You two recovered surprisingly quickly from this. Did anything happen?" Shinobu asks with a smile as Y/n can't help but notice Muichiro was slowly falling asleep on her lap, much to Obanai's annoyance.

"Oyakata-Sama probably wants to talk to us about everything, including this." Giyuu says with a deadpanned expression, which Y/n can only smile at before gently ushering Muichiro upright to show his respect upon of Amane's arrival.

"I'm very sorry for the wait. For our pillar meeting today, I, Ubuyashiki Amane, will be attending in place of Ubuyashiki Kagaya." Y/n looks up at Amane with a small glint of sadness.

"Right now, the disease affecting our master Kagaya has gotten worse. And he sends his apologies for being unable to attend this meeting in front of you all." Amane bows her head a bit before looking up.

"Understood. I will pray for Oyakata-Sana'a flickering flame of life to last a bit longer. Even if just a day. And for you to be strong Amane-Sama." Gyomei says in a mellow tone.

"He would like to give his thanks to all the Hashiras. I'm sure you all have heard this, but now we have a demon who has conquered the sun and she is here. Kibutsuji Muzan has most likely altered his goals to go after her so that he can conquer the sun himself. The time for an all-out battle is approaching," Amane spoke out with a serious tone that can only cause everyone to tense up.

Amane continues with a small inhale of air, "We also have reports of strange marks appearing on Kanroji-Sama and Tokito-Sama during their battles with upper moons four and five. So I would like to ask you two how you got those marks and what the conditions are to obtain them." Much to everyone's confusion, they all have a lingering question in their minds.