♡ 1. The Letter

Lucy was depressed.

Lisanna had come back and now she and Natsu were together.

And she is all alone, her secret feelings locked up deep inside her.

Of course, everyone was overjoyed to see that Lisanna was back. Happy had his "mother" back. Mirajane and Elfman had their sister back. Natsu had his childhood friend back.

And that "mother", sister, and childhood friend took Natsu away.

She sighed. Natsu and Lisanna were currently sitting together, talking and laughing while Natsu wrapped his arm around Lisanna's shoulders until a naked Gray challenged the hot-headed fire mage into a fight and the two of them began to smash tables and chairs.

"What's wrong Lucy?" Mirajane asked.

"Nothing. I'm just a little tired today."

"Oh, well I hope you feel better soon!" the Take Over mage said with a smile. "Anyways, don't you think Natsu and Lisanna make a cute couple? They're so sweet together!"

"Um... yeah, they are. I'm sorry, Mira, but I have to go," Lucy said and ran out of the guild, leaving Mira to stare after her worriedly.

♡~♡~♡

When Lucy got home that night, she was surprised to find a letter addressed to her... from her father. She opened it with shaking fingers.

My Dearest Lucy,

I know we aren't really on close terms at the moment, but I am in deep trouble and I need your help... at a cost of a personal sacrifice. There is a one Lord Takeshi Nakamura who has asked for me to hand over the Heartfilia company and I simply could not let it go after all my hard work; so we made a compromise: you will marry him and he and I will run the company together as joint leaders. If we refuse he will kill everyone. You, me, the servants, everyone we know.

Lucy, I don't want to make you do this. I understand that you are in love with a certain Salamander of Fairy Tail but I cannot save us all without your help. I apologize for my wrongdoings in the past and I hope you will forgive me.

Please give me your answer within two days. If you refuse, I will do everything in my power to keep you safe. I am so sorry for forcing this upon you. I know your mother would have wanted you to be happy and I apologize for the current circumstances. I hope you will forgive me.

Your Father,
Jude Heartfilia

Lucy sucked in a deep shuddering breath. For all the tears and the painful memories of the past, he was still her father. And this Lord Takeshi Nakamura has threatened her with death if she refuses. And yet... she couldn't let go of Natsu.

'He already chose Lisanna,' a voice whispered in her mind.

She closed her eyes, a tear seeping out of the corner of her eye. She had no choice. She had to do this. For her father. For the Heartfilia Konzern. For her to let go.

And she quietly shut away her heart.

♡~♡~♡

Dae