♡ 4. Invitations

The next day, Lucy met with Lord Nakamura in her father's study. Lord Nakamura is a tall good-looking man with jet black hair and ice cold blue eyes. He was nowhere near as handsome as Natsu, Loke, Gray, or Hibiki, but his looks were acceptable enough. He wore a crisp white shirt and black velvet vest embroidered with silver and dark pants and black shoes. Lucy could feel immense magical power coming from him. "Good morning, Lady Lucy Heartfilia," he said, slightly mockingly with cold malice seeping into his voice.

"Good morning, Lord Nakamura," Lucy replied, curtseying in her pink dress.

"Please, call me Takeshi. After all, we'll be married soon. Why not get to a first name basis?"

"If you wish... Takeshi."

He stepped closer. "You're very brave, coming to save your father. Tell me, how is Natsu doing?"

"Natsu..." Her breath hitched and she cleared her throat. "Natsu's fine."

"Oh? And his pretty girlfriend too?"

"If you mean Lisanna then yes, they're perfectly fine." She didn't like how close he was to her, or how she couldn't look away from his eyes.

Takeshi's cold eyes appraised her body. "It's a shame he didn't pick you, hm?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." She was pleased to hear that her voice was steady.

"Oh really? Well I know everything that happened," he whispered, lips right by her ear. "Don't worry. I'll be a good husband." He smiled, but it was more like a smirk. "Until next time, Lucy." He tipped his head in a mocking bow and strode out of the room, leaving the girl standing frozen where he left her.

"I hate him!" she growled. He had wormed his way so easily into her heart and twisted it and pulled at it so that the pain of seeing Natsu with Lisanna and being thrown out of Team Natsu hit her again. She bowed her head, tears spilling out of her eyes. 'Natsu... Why did you pick her?' she thought sadly.

♡~♡~♡

Six months later...

Natsu leaned back in the grass, closing his eyes. He was by the fishing pond where he and Happy would fish all the time and right now, Lisanna and Happy were by the edge, holding onto their poles and staring into the water, waiting for a catch.

'I wonder how Luce is doing,' he thought. He sighed. It had taken him five months, but he had finally gotten over the fact that she left Fairy Tail. He had Lisanna now and the two of them were very happy together. But somehow... he never seemed to be truly happy.

"Natsu, I got a fish!" Lisanna yelled.

"Reel it up!" he called back.

"Aren't you going to help me?" she teased, sticking her tongue out at him.

"I'm sleepy. Ask Happy to help."

"You're so mean." She turned back to the pole in her hands.

Natsu sighed again. 'Lucy...'

♡~♡~♡

A week before the wedding...

The celestial mage sat at her desk, frowning down at a huge heap of invitations, all lettered in gold. She had just finished counting the number of invitations for the wedding guests.

She picked up an invitation and pushed the others to the side. On it, it said:

The Heartfilia Konzern is pleased to announce the matrimony of Lord Takeshi Nakamura and Lady Lucy Heartfilia at the Heartfilia Estate this Saturday at 5 p.m. We thank you for coming to celebrate this ceremony of union.

Lucy pulled out a fresh sheet of paper from a desk drawer and wrote:

Dear Master,

I am inviting you and everyone at Fairy Tail to my wedding this Saturday. Please do not tell anyone what is happening or where they are going. I wish to let them know during the ceremony.

From,
Lucy Heartfilia

She folded the letter into the envelope as well as the invitation to Fairy Tail and went downstairs to the huge garden. A troop of several dozen young messenger boys were standing by the main road. One of them came when Lucy beckoned. "Take this to Master Makarov of Fairy Tail in Magnolia Town. Do not let anyone else receive this invitation and do not tell him who it is from unless you two are in private."

The boy nodded, then ran away, using magical shoes that enhanced running speed and power. Lucy watched him go, then sighed and went back inside, calling for the servants to help her send the rest of the invitations.

♡~♡~♡

The messenger boy stopped in front of the Fairy Tail guild doors, panting. He could hear the sounds of yelling, crashing, and basically people fighting. Timidly, he pushed open the door and ducked as a broken chair leg flew over his head. He then took a good look at his surroundings and gaped.

The Fairy Tail members were all caught in a full scale brawl. There was a naked man throwing ice shards at a pink-haired man who was breathing fire, a white-haired man bellowing the word "Man!" over and over again, a scarlet-haired woman wielding a huge sword while she stood with one foot planted over a pile of unconscious bodies, another woman straddling a barrel of beer as she hurled cards at people, and a large cloud of dust floating around coming from the remaining mages.

The boy stared for a full ten minutes before a beautiful woman with white hair and a long maroon dress and a short ponytail sticking straight up over her forehead approached him. "Hello!" the woman greeted.

He jumped, not noticing that she was there. "I have a letter of great importance for Master Makarov of Fairy Tail."

"Come this way," she said, her deep blue eyes curious. She led him towards the back to a bar with a small old man sitting on the counter. "Master, there's someone to see you."

"I have a letter for you." The boy handed the old man the envelope.

"Who is this from?"

"Uh... I need to tell you in private."

The old man nodded. "Come to my office." Once there, the boy said, "It's from Lady Lucy Heartfilia. It's an invitation to her wedding."

The boy saw a flash of pain appear in his eyes. "Ah... yes. Thank you for delivering this to me." The old man gave the boy several jewels. "You can go now."

When the boy left, the guild had quieted down. Many of them were unconscious, but those who were still awake began fixing up the broken furniture.

'I can't see why Lucy-sama would join this guild. It's so rowdy and destructive,' the boy thought as he ran back the way he came.

♡~♡~♡

Dae