♡ 2. Goodbye, Minna...

The next morning Lucy dressed in casual black skinny jeans, combat boots, and a cute pink t-shirt with a gold star over her chest with her hair tied into a ponytail and her keys and whip at her side. She grabbed the letter she addressed to her father and dropped it off at the mailbox before going to the Guild. 

Once she was there, Levy immediately began to talk to her about a new book she'd seen in a bookstore, but Lucy was in a hurry. 

"I'm so sorry Levy-chan, but do you know where the Master is?" the blond mage asked, her eyes unusually serious. 

"He's in his office Lu-chan," the blue-haired girl said, blinking perplexedly, the iron dragon slayer sitting beside her, munching on metal. 

"Thanks Levy-chan!" 

Along the way, Lucy saw Lisanna and Natsu together… kissing. Her heart ripped into shreds and she tried to go away before they saw her but Natsu yelled out, "Yo, Luce!" 

"Uhh… hey!" she stammered. 

"Lucy guess what? Me and Natsu have started dating!" Lisanna said, beaming happily at a bright red dragon slayer who grinned embarrassedly. 

"Congratulations!" Lucy cheered, smiling at them widely although tears sprang up in her eyes before she hurriedly blinked them away. 

"You're okay with that, right?" Natsu asked her. 

"Of course! Why wouldn't I be?" 

"Well… there were rumors that you were jealous and stuff…" 

"That's a load of crap. I'm happy for you guys," Lucy laughed, skillfully hiding her inner pain. 

"There's another thing… do you mind if Lisanna replaces you on Team Natsu? You know how you always complain about us breaking things and your rent and you really don't do a lot since you're a little weak so maybe you can go solo and get stronger!" Natsu was staring at Lucy with eager eyes. 

"Umm…alright… I guess," Lucy mumbled, trying even harder not to let the pain show on her face. 

"That's great, Luce! You wanna come fishing with me, Lisanna, and Happy?" 

"Err, sorry but I gotta go talk to the Master. I'll see you guys later!" 

"Alright!" 

♡~♡~♡

"What is it, my child?" Makarov asked. 

Lucy took a deep breath. "My father's company is in trouble and I have been forced to agree on an arranged marriage upon the threat of my life, my father's life, and everyone I know. I have decided to accept…" Here she glanced down to her boots. "And I am asking to leave Fairy Tail…" 

Makarov frowned with a concerned look. "You should have come to us for help. You know we would do anything to help you." 

"I know, but I can't stand the thought of anyone being hurt over me… and there's another reason as to why I'm leaving," Lucy muttered with a sad expression. 

"It's Natsu and Lisanna isn't it?" Makarov asked with a sigh. 

"H-How do you know?" 

"I'm not exactly blind. I know that you are suffering and I wish that you did not have to, but it seems I cannot do anything about it." He then reached over and removed Lucy's mark as well as placing a hand on her forehead. "May peace and good luck bless you." 

Lucy started to cry. "Thank you Master… Please, don't tell anyone why I left, only that I am leaving. Tell them tomorrow so that they won't be able to track me down." She gave a watery laugh. "I'll invite you all to the wedding." 

Makarov had tears in his eyes. "I would like that very much, Lucy." 

She thanked him again and bowed. Then she left, drying her eyes. 

♡~♡~♡

"What's wrong Lucy?" Mira asked as Lucy sat down at her usual stool. 

"Nothing… can you give me a beer or something? I feel like having some alcohol." 

Mira blinked at the unusual request. "If you wish…" She gave her guildmate a bottle of beer. "Something seems off about you today…" 

Lucy gave her a reassuring grin. "It's nothing." She looked at Lisanna and Natsu. "I'm just happy for them." 

"You aren't jealous right?" 

"Nope." She finished her drink and gave Mira several Jewels. "Keep the change. I'm out for tonight!" 

As she headed out the door, she paused and took one more look around before bellowing, "Goodbye, minna!" and slipping out the door after everyone murmured their goodbyes at her. 

In the shadows, Makarov watched her leave with tears streaming down his eyes. 'Poor, poor Lucy…' 

♡~♡~♡

Lucy left a letter to the landlady saying that she will be leaving for good and that her furniture would be sold. She packed her books and clothes and other things in several suitcases before calling out Virgo to help her carry the luggage to the train station where she bought a ticket and stared back at Magnolia. How she loved it here… all her loyal nakama and Natsu… 

She turned away, overcome with memories and boarded the train without looking back. 

♡~♡~♡

Dae