001 | Devil's Ink

MUCH AKIN TO THE SILVIUS THAT surrounded their home, sweet hues of spring clover had grown wider at the sight of an abrupt visitor

MUCH AKIN TO THE SILVIUS THAT surrounded their home, sweet hues of spring clover had grown wider at the sight of an abrupt visitor. He regarded her with steadiness and noticed the odd outfit she wore——a gray fitted top partnered with a corset in which were decorated in front with red diamonds and a black skirt. The young girl, who he assumed similar to his age despite being taller than him, had a pair of lilac gloves.

What? The first time Ray landed his gaze on her, he knew the chaos that resided inside her, the torment she chose to hide even though it already plagued itself upon her consciousness. The masquerade she puts on was persuasive and the shambles of her ruinated state escaped at the very warm smiles she feigns in her angelic face, rearing to deceive anyone vulnerable enough to fall prey to her.

He knew because she's just like him; a hypocrite to protect something. Someone.

"Everyone, welcome your new older sister, Callixta! I'm sure everyone's going to get along with her," The girl's eyes sparkled as it turned into crescent moons from the way she smiled so widely. What angered him is that despite the contract he had with Isabella, she never said a thing about another girl to join them. He was sure to confront her about it.

Another thing that infuriates him is that this girl would end up as a nuisance to his plans. Nothing but a hindrance to his real intentions.

The ravennette glanced at the pair of emerald and sapphire eyes beside him, only to see both of them awfully tensed. The quivering of their lips was barely noticeable, despite that Ray knew they were at least a little frightened which made him worry.

Thankfully, the younger kids of the House approached the girl called Callixta with hearty smiles on their faces, having no clue of the facade she's putting on her flawless candor. "Ray." Norman called, his tone no longer had traces of its usual gentle self. The simple call of his name was enough for him to understood what the latter wanted to claim.

Apparently, Emma had no idea so she walked to the girl which caused the two boys to watch her with confusion. It wasn't that she didn't know that this girl was pretty much the same as an enemy, it was her reckless senses that caused her to approach said figure.

Sparkling ruby eyes of transience locked themselves onto her own and before she knew, a mop of tangerine hair stood in front of her with a grin tugged on the corner of Emma's lips as she extended her hand to offer a hand shake.

She's acting. That's right. To ignore their newly found 'family' would seem out of character. Too bad, the female albino already saw through her and the other two.

"It's Callixta," she comments, her lips curving up into a thin smile and Emma can't help but feel an arrow went through her heart. A part of her wanted to think that this girl right here was on their side. But what are the odds of that? It couldn't be help, really.