bye bye bitch

You walk into the office building, excited to see Chris again but also nervous because you don't know how running into him in the shower last week will affect your interactions. You certainly were very embarrassed.

You walk into your office and Chris isn't here yet for his weekly appointment. You tidy up your office and bring out the equipment for today's physical therapy session. You sit in your chair, drumming your fingers on the table, nervously awaiting Chris' arrival. Ending the week by seeing Chris is definitely something to look forward to.

________________________________________________________________________________

You're scrolling through your phone when you look up to check the time. It's been an hour since the beginning of Chris' appointment, and he's still nowhere to be seen. Did he just stand you up?

You walk down to the front desk to ask Wendy to check on Chris, and she looks surprised to see you. "Are you working today?"

"Yeah, every Friday." You furrow your brows, confused.

Wendy leans closer. "Hey, is your family alright?"

"Yeah?? Why wouldn't they be fine?"

"Sarah said you had to take a day off because of a family emergency?"

"What family emergency??" The alarm bells in your head are going off, and you have no idea what is going on.

Wendy sits back in her chair, thinking, and suddenly, a look of revelation flashes across her face. "Well because you were supposedly going to be out today, Sarah got us to move Chris' appointment up to her Thursday slot so that Chris wouldn't have to wait the whole weekend.

The Earth beneath you seems to shatter, and your legs start to wobble.

You sit down in the chair next to Wendy. "Huh, she sniped Chris."

Slowly, your eyes begin to be tinged with red. Red hot anger. Anger that she would stoop so low, just to steal Chris from you.

Your eyes settle on the notepad on Wendy's desk, and you start furiously scribbling away.

________________________________________________________________________________

You lick the envelope and seal it up. Time to teach someone a lesson.

Chapter End

________________________________________________________________________________

I am so sorry to leave this fic un-updated for so long. Working 60 hours a week has led me to neglect pretty much everything. Hopefully I get through the next chapter tonight in a burst of productivity.