Chapter 14

The match with Hastur ended much sooner than Claude would have preferred it to do, and even though he felt slightly bad about it, resistant to leave his newfound friend alone, he had to say goodbye to him, deciding that it was time for him to go back with Hastur and check up on his brother. Well. Him and the other hunters. He didn't spend too much time away from their side, but he already missed watching over them, learning all those little facts about them.

They were just so interesting! The way they were interacting with each other, their little habits, hell, even their unique appearances were intriguing for Claude! Because where else would you see a half-lizard-half-men that was walking in two legs, making you wonder how was it even possible, given the fact, that the man had a pretty long, heavy-looking tail. There must be some serious muscle work happening to make walking even possible for the man. And this lizard-man wasn't even the strangest thing in the manor!

Well, that was pretty obvious. Just look at Hastur. His appearance was a mystery.

'So, I've met your Eli. Again.'

"I see." The hunter took a deep breath, letting out a frustrated sigh, narrowing his many eyes as he was listening to the ghost, who was following him closely behind. He still didn't like when Claude referred to the Seer as "his" Eli. The survivor belonged to no one, especially not to him. Why was it so hard to understand?

'He is really nice!'

"He is."

'He was so kind to my Aesop! And he even defended my brother when that greeny was insulting him!'

"Greeny?"

'Mn! That person with the green hoodie! I can't remember his name though.'

"Oh, was it the Mercenary?"

'Yes! That's what Aesop called him!' there was a small frown on his face as he let out an annoyed huff. 'I don't like him. He was mean to my brother and he is too loud.'

"You aren't exactly silent either, you know that, right?"

'It's not the same!'

"I see no difference."

'Not the same! I am not rude like that- that-'

"Oh, you are not?"

'No!'

"Mn." hearing the rumbling sound of the Feasters humming, Claude furrowed his brows, looking slightly offended. Was he really rude? He wasn't, right?

...well. Maybe, he was. But who could blame him?

'...Anyways. I wish Eli could see me. I'd like to be his friend too!'

"Child, you want to be friends with everyone."

'Well, you aren't wrong.' he was humming in agreement. 'But still! I really wanna speak to him!'

"I am sure of that." Hastur let out a soft chuckle, shaking his head fondly.

'What do you mean?'

"You like talking a lot."

'Is that a problem?' Claude felt slightly anxious. Was he annoying? He didn't want to be a bother.

"Hmm." looking Claude up and down. "No, I guess it's not."

'...you didn't answer immediately! Am I annoying?'

"... not annoying."

'Than what?'

"Just... bubbly."