Chapter 15

All the hunters were gathered together, there was not a single person missing. Even Guard 26 was there, standing right behind Burke and the Undead, who some people might have also known as Percy. He was the newest addition to their bunch. A few months have already passed since he arrived at the manor, and while at first most of the hunters were slightly hesitant around the imposing man, they got used to his presence in no time.

Well. They didn't really have any other choice in that matter. When you were living in a somewhat confined space with so many other people, you have to adjust quickly to all of them. Especially if you wished for a peaceful existence, with as few conflicts as possible.

Fortunately, though, every hunter who was residing in the manor appreciated the piece and the quiet, some of them much more than the others. So, was it surprising that they welcomed this new addition so quickly into their little dysfunctional family?

No, not at all.

To be honest, Percy was probably one of the least troublesome hunters in the manor, alongside Michiko and Mary. He was quiet, though none of them really knew whether it was because he was unable to speak much- just like Mary, or simply because he didn't like talking. It didn't matter much either way.

He was also very rarely seen in the common rooms. Most of the time, he would be either in the privacy of his own room or spending some time with Burke, which was not surprising at all. Mad Eyes was after all his creator too.

Though it didn't happen the same way it did with Guard 26. Percy was dead when he was brought into the manor, along with a big red envelope addressed to the architect. His corpse was carefully stuffed into a simple coffin that was made out of wood, so none of the other hunters saw the condition it was in, though Burke was not willing to even talk about it.

In the end, the architect managed to follow the instructions that were written for him inside that letter, successfully reviving the dead inventor.

So, why did the other hunters feel unsettled by this person who was brought back to life by one of their own?

Probably due to the fact that this new hunter could basically be considered a zombie, and he had a certain air surrounding him, making their instincts scream at them to run. (which was ridiculous. They were hunters. They didn't run. They were the ones people ran away from!)

All of that aside, Percy was also the hunter with the least amount of matches per month. His way of hunting could also be considered quite unique, as he didn't need to place the incapacitated survivors into one of the rocket chairs, he simply needed to let them die by bleeding out.

It was truly a terrifying way to go down, even if the survivors didn't really stay dead for too long.

"Who are we waiting for?" the one asking the question was Jack, who was currently sitting in the seat next to Burke.

The Ripper's voice was cold, lacking of any emotion, which was highly unusual for him, as he was usually one of the most lively persons in their respective side. He was wearing his Golden Tentacle costume, with -of course, the matching mask on, making it impossible to see what kind of expression he was making beneath that mask. It couldn't be any good if the uncharacteristic way he was acting was anything to go by.

"Hastur and Yidhra."

"Can't we start without them?"

"You know that we can't start a meeting without everyone present."

"Fine. Then what about sending someone to collect them?"

"..." the White Guard let out a long, exaggerated sigh, shaking his head softly at the other's antics. "Alright, I can do that. Who wants to go?"