𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 II

WANGSHU INN

WANGSHU INN

The strange interaction seemed to have killed the mood as (Y/N) was now confused on why he looked at her in shock. Was there something on her face? Perhaps that's now how you're supposed to greet others in Liyue? Perhaps she was being too rude?

Her lack of social skills made her ponder considering the fact that she only made a few friends in Snezhnaya only talking to them after going home from the forests she adventured and the mountains she climbed.

——(Y/N) POV——

"People are gonna hate me here." I groaned putting my pillow above my face while turning to the other side of the bed.

"They won't, maybe the guy was just infatuated by you." Childe laughed at me while unloading the bags to my room.

"He looked at me in utter shock and disgust Childe, DISGUST! I mean, who does that here? That isn't something you see when you greet a person."

"You're overreacting girlie, some men can be jerks around here so don't expect a happy face every time you say hello." Childe explained.

"Well you definitely proved your own point for being a jerk." I snickered

"Hey!" Childe exclaimed while I giggled at him

"Anyway, since you don't have any plans around here, I have a friend you should meet. He knows a lot about Liyue culture and pretty much all of Liyue's history. We're having lunch later so I'll pick you up in a bit." Childe said while taking a sip of water.

"Alright, he better not be a jerk." I answered

"Oh trust me, he's a real gentleman."

———————————————————————

Before lunch arrived, you put on a simple yet elegant dress, it wasn't much but it was definitely flattering. Childe soon came to pick you up and off to lunch they went.

As soon as they entered the restaurant, you were now introduced to a tall familiar looking man, he had dark brown hair that was tied onto a low ponytail, amber eyes and a simple elegant looking attire.

Your head started hurting, you didn't know why, but this man looks awfully familiar that you couldn't exactly pin point on why.

"This is Zhongli, Wangsheng Funeral Parlor's consultant." Childe stated.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Zhongli, my name is (Y/N)" you replied, giving the man a welcoming smile.

"Oh please, just refer to me as Zhongli." He replied while raising his tea cup to his mouth to take a sip.

Zhongli doesn't know why but he's a little infatuated by this woman, not in a romantic way, she just caught his attention.

The way her (h/c) hair would brush over her shoulders, her soft yet shimmering eyes would glisten whenever light comes in contact and how her delicate lips would open whenever she made a statement. Anything about this woman's movement seems graceful, It's almost like he's met her before.

Lunch soon ended with the two staring at Childe with puppy eyes knowing their wallets are filled with nothing but air as soon as the lady brings the check.
Childe then scoffs and continues to pay the bills as the two went outside the restaurant to wait for the poor ginger.

"Where are you from?" Zhongli asked, wanting to know more about her."

"Snezhnaya, I've been there for most of my years but I wanted to explore more of Teyvat." You answered.

"Oh, well I can assure you Liyue has very interesting and beautiful history." Zhongli stated smiling.

You thought to yourself, this man was very interesting. He seemed kind of a sullen man however, he is very intelligent in politics and quite handsome.

"Perhaps you could tell me a story or two about it? I recall Childe saying you are very knowledgeable about Liyue's history."

"Gladly." Zhongli smiled.

A poor ginger then walks out of the restaurant crying in frustration as now his past Mora filled wallet is now empty.

"Hmph, why am I always the one that pays, Childe this Childe that! Why doesn't anyone appreciate Childe! Not even a thank yo-" Childe stopped as he sees two distant figures chatting in a distance.

"And that's how Liyue earned their reputation for contracts." Said Zhongli.

"Oh okay, so what happens next?"

The two started getting more deep into their conversation failing to acknowledge their poor friend from afar.

"Huh, I guess they do get along quite easily as expected." Childe chuckled.

—————————————————————————