𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 XIII

Small note:
(I added a song on this chapter if you scroll on the headboard, for the full experience you may play it on the part where I'll add a note to.)*it also doesn't have any words, just pure music for the atmosphere.

LANTERN RITE

Zhongli rushed out of the funeral parlour and went to the main central of Liyue

Zhongli rushed out of the funeral parlour and went to the main central of Liyue. He was searching for a certain someone. Somewhere in the crowd, he spotted a girl with (h/c) hair.

"Ah, so she did go." I thought to myself as I fixed my glove making my way towards her.

"(Y/n)-" I stated but I soon realised my mistake as the girl turned around and ended up being a stranger.

"My apologies, I thought you were someone I know."

"It's quite alright, better get your lanterns ready though. They're going to release the lanterns soon." The lady smiled at me and left.

I nodded to her as she walked away. Is she really not coming? I thought to myself. It's impossible that you weren't going, you would've healed by now.

Hours have passed and she was nowhere to be found, I clutched the small box I kept on my pocket. Maybe I need to start listening to what my head is telling me. "She's definitely not coming. "I sighed.

My head started to hurt and the large crowds in Liyue was really overwhelming so I decided to head up to the cliff I went to every time to clear my head and besides, it would show a great view of Liyue and It's lanterns that would soon join the sky.

—Play song here—

I stood on the edge of the cliff as the sun began to set, Liyue's lights soon illuminated the beautiful city.

"Zhongli?" A voice said behind me.

It was her.

"(Y/n)?"

Both of the adults slowly took steps towards each other as the sun set, the moon light slowly illuminated them both.

"I thought you had a busy schedule?" You chuckled.

He gave you a warm smile and took your hand as he led you to the edge of the cliff and invited you to sit beside him.

"Are you fully healed yet?" Zhongli questioned you.

"Of course I am, I sneaked out the Inn to find you though." You stated softly giggling as you admired the glowing city in front of you.

You looked so pretty in his eyes like this, he thought the dress you're wearing suited you well, the moonlight glistening on your skin as the small and faint beam of sun disappeared as the sun almost fully set. You were simply beautiful.