Part 4 - Patience

A/N:
YES! You are correct!
You are not seeing things - this really IS an update to A Slice of History!

It really has been a while, ahasn't it?
*counting on fingers*
* coughs *
Well, although it's been half a year since the last update - this will not be repeated! I promise.
From now on, this story is my min priority - so I will complete it very soon - at the very, very latest in late August .
But I'll do my best to get it done before then :P

Anyway, thank you so much for the love you have given to this story - as well as my other stories. Your love means a lot too me - and especially THANK YOU to those of you that support me through Patreon <3 You guys really help me out <3

I especially want to thank Kikyeee for all the love and support she gives <3 Thank you~

"Well, if everyone can please settle down..." Jean B. M. Woo raised his voice, his lips twisting slightly in annoyance. As the room fell back into silence, he coughed. "Today we are going to look at the classical dish of Beef Stroganoff. As many of you might know, this dish originated in...."

For another 5 minutes, Chef Woo kept explaining the background for the Beef Stroganoff. From the looks on the faces around her, you could see that not many were as excited about this part of the lecture as you were. They were probably more interested in the technique and tips the master chef was going to give them, but you found yourself enjoying his insight.

To make food, to make anything with the intention of recreating an original, it was important to know the dish. Not just the ingredients, the measurements, and the timing. No, that would just make a reproduction. To recreate it was different. You had to walk in the steps of the once that had come before - to go through their motion; their intentions and feelings. Without those specifics in mind, nothing would be created, just produced.

Nodding as he explained, you made sure to note down keywords. You knew there wouldn't be any test, but you wanted to make sure to get as much out of these classes as possible. Your dream had always been to start a place of your own - a place that would slowly grow and one day even become a franchise. To get there, you had promised yourself to not minimize any little tip or detail. If you just followed in the steps of the masters - learning from them while adding your own resourcefulness... You would get there in the end.

"...which is why you choose a spice of your own." Chef Woo rounded up his introduction. "Now, let's see how you all do..."

The class began to stir as they all got the necessary equipment and ingredients up on the counter in front of them. Having done this immediately as you entered the class, you caught your eyes stealing glances over at Seokjin.

Smiling towards the woman beside him, the man let out a burst of booming laughter. Hearing it, a small dagger pierced through your heart, and as he reached out a hand and ruffled her head gently, the knife twisted.

Although you had both agreed on the breakup - and that you no longer saw him like that - it still hurt a bit.

That woman, that beautiful woman who at this moment giggled while removing his hand before holding it in hers... You turned away - you could not help it. It could have been you standing there with him. In another lifetime, in one where life had not taken you both down separate roads.

Still, you mused, though life had pulled you apart, here you both were. It was ironic.

Seokjin had kept his interest in cooking it seemed. You remembered your talks from when you had first gotten together. You had talked of the future - what you wished for and wanted. Your goal had been the same as it was now - to open a place of your own and thrive, while he... It had been different for him.

As the younger of the two Kim siblings, Jin had a path set out for him. His brother, SeokJung, would be shaped to follow their father as the next CEO of their company, while Jin would be the CEO of their most prominent daughter company. It was all set in stone from the day he was born, and a part that the handsome man was planning to follow.

And it seemed he had just that. He had lived up to be the handsome, capable man that his father wanted, and found a woman that would fit in with his lifestyle.

Turning away, you couldn't help but ask yourself whether you were where you should. You had a dream, that much was true, and you were chasing it, but... Was it enough?

Looking them over again, you were struck with the perfect beauty of the image. He handsome, she beautiful, smiles adorning both faces as he leaned over to help her with something.

You sigh. Although you thought you had let him go, the feeling still lingered in you. You watched as Seokjin smiled down as the woman beside him messed up. His gentle touch as he took her hand in his and guided her as he used the knife the correct way. Letting go of her, his eyes followed her as she tried again. Once again, her technique was all wrong. You cringe, biting your teeth as you wait for the scolding you knew he would give her.

Raising his brow at her, Jin leaned back and... and laughed?

Baffled, you looked on, as a heavy stone knocked on your heart. Jin had always been eager to teach, but if you messed up, he'd scold you at once. This had happened countless times - always the same - always scolding you.

But not her. With her, he was patient. With her, he had nothing but smiles and laughter.

A/N:That is all for now - but I'm already working on a new part ;)So it will not be too long ;)

A/N:
That is all for now - but I'm already working on a new part ;)
So it will not be too long ;)

I'd love to hear from you guys - that is much of the reason why I love writing - and I wish that I could do this full time - and I want to thank all of you that support this dream of mine over at Patreon 💜
https://www.patreon.com/FictionFairy