Hating You From The Start

Tick...Tick...Tick

The clock is ticking

Tick...Tick...Tick

The death is coming

Tick...Tick...Tick

There's no way to go forward

Tick...Tick...Tick

...Only hatred makes us coward

_______•∆•_______

Since he's still a little child, he has dreamed something he can't understand under the age of seven, a dream that makes him wakes up in cold sweat, crying out for his mother. The lady has rushed herself to her precious son's chamber, witnessing a crying mess of a child that rarely drop tears for attention of his mother at the 3 in the morning.

His mother caresses his back, gently patting his head. She hummed a song, the one with calm tone, slowly calming him down as he tightly grasped on her sheer lilac pajama sleeves, closing his eyes out of sleepiness as his mother whispered out something on his ear, ringing slightly as the voice has embraces into the the void of nothingness.

"Just a nightmare."

A year until the next nightmare, the one that vividly stays at the back of his head like hungry leeches on bloody skin, he has never forgotten about it at once. He knows something is wrong when he appears in the same dream, the one with darkness around him. He searches for the light, anything for him to end the night terror of his, eyes darting anywhere for the escape he yearns for his endless suffering of fearing the darkness, not the same one as he's playing hide and seek with his mischevious big sister.

He hears the sound of ticking, it's vibrating, booming inside the cold place.

Tick...Tick...Tick

He tries to get out, finding the source of light, walking slowly that turns into faster pace without thinking of the consequences, but it's too late.

Tick Tick Tick

It's the light of a car approaches him without any time for him to get away. His feet stuck on the ground, can't move from the rough texture of the road as he let out a gasp.

Tick...

Before he can feel the car crashes his body, a loud beeping sound is heard from the questionable alternate dream, destroying everything that seems to be the real world.

He opens his eyes, waking up again, the same action that he does a year ago, letting out cough as he feels like suffocated by the throat, as if something pressuring his body.

As if a car crashes him over.

This time, he doesn't scream for his mother but rather, he reminiscing his memory for something that seems logical to him at the age of eight, a night after his birthday's celebration party with his friends. They're all invited to play with him without counting the times of the day. He doesn't remember of approaching a car nor any vehicle that seems the same one as the sleek car that almost doubled him over.

A nightmare again, he lets the thought consumes him. Not to worry him much because he only has a mindset of a child.

'It feels real...' The last mumble that left his mouth, sleep has taken over him entirely but his head only fills with confusion as if it's a maze without any way to get out of it.

He wakes up, but without the same dream, he's not out of breath like the last night of strange things that happens to him, he stares at the digital clock besides him, it's already eleven in the morning. The two red dots are blinking in the middle of digital numbers, slightly gives him a minute to awaken him completely.