Nice To Meet You

You already knew this was going to be your favorite class. First off, freaking art. Art was great! you could express yourself and be free from judgement, as long as you didn't join any extra activities. And second, You were next to the boy  who's name you learned was Bokuto. Your loud new art partner. You sat next to him in a seat near the back window.

It had only been fifteen minutes and you two had already been scolded by your teacher. Twice. The first time was his fault. The assignment was to use water colors to paint a landscape, but Bokuto  had somehow ended up spilling paint on three desks and two other students. The second time you were scolded was technically your fault. You decided it would be pretty funny if you were to paint an owl in your landscape, but the owl had bokuto's face. He ended up screeching because it looked somehow normal. Very normal.

'I mean to be honest, who in their right mind would WANT their face to fit perfectly on an owl.' You snickered to yourself.

However, the teacher did not take to kindly to your sense of humor, nor Bokuto's screeching, therefore you both were sent to the deans office.

~

"Bokuto Koutarou,"

You were sat in front of the large cherrywood desk, the deans disapproving stare seemingly holding you both down.

"I thought I told you I didn't want to see you in my office again this week." He shifted in his chair, his attention aimed at Bokuto. Bokuto's hand reached up to his neck, his fingers playing with the hairs on his nape, chuckling nervously.

"Well, you see, what had happened was...uuuh emm...ha..haha" Your eyes flittered to the chair next to you where the boy struggled to form a coherent sentence.

"I'm sorry, sir." You spoke up covering for the flustered boy. "It was my fault, I'm new here and having a bit of trouble settling in." The dean's beady eyes shifted his attention to you, looking you up and down. You were a bit uncomfortable under his gaze, but you pushed on.

"Bokuto was helping me out. He helped me find my class."

"Well," the man started, taking a breath and leaning back in his chair.

"Miss L/N, I'll let you off with a warning. This time." He stressed whilst staring pointedly at you.

"And mister koutarou, the next time I see you in this office, I'll have to have a talk with your coach."

Bokuto shifted uncomfortably, but nodded nonetheless.

"Dismissed." The dean waved you away.

You both quickly got up and exited the office, glad to be out of that stuffy room. The hallway was still empty and silent before Bokuto started grumbling. You listed carefully for a few seconds trying to decipher what he was saying before giving up and asking.

"What?"

He looked up at you as if he forgot you were there.

"hmm? oh nothing." He said before curling into himself and sulking again.

"I'm sorry," You started. "I didn't mean to get you into trouble."

You really did feel bad. It was your first day and you already had a bad reputation with your art teacher, the dean, and the attractive guy who wanted to be your friend. Not to mention, at your high school you had a reputation as a bad student for many reasons. At this point you were beginning to thing you were a screw up or something.

"No it's not you, you didn't do anything."

"Bro I just got you in trouble with the dean and your coach."