New kid

The struggle is real. Life is hard. And a midlife crisis was scheduled for next week. It was your first day of school and it was already a chaotic disaster. You thought you had everything under control until you realized you did not. You had nothing under control. Your uniform was missing, toothbrush was no where to be found, you were 98% sure there was no food in the fridge, and you haven't seen your cat since last night.

You rummaged through your belongings that were thrown all over the floor of your trashed apartment before finding your uniform underneath your mattress. You smiled gleefully snatching the cloth and fighting to get it on. While trying your best to button your shirt and put your socks on simultaneously, you caught a glimpse of your tooth brush, sitting on your window sill. Your eyes glimmered, almost tearing up.

"Yes!" you exclaimed giving your socks one last tug and snatching up your toothbrush. Running to the bathroom you immediately started brushing your teeth, looking up only after you had the toothbrush in your mouth.

You froze. You looked worse than your morning had been going.

"Uuhhgh" a loud throaty complaint left your lips as you grabbed a hairbrush and tried to calm the shag rug that was your hair. You finished, looking almost halfway decent before checking your watch. Your heart dropped to your stomach. It was your first day of school, you were 30 minutes late for class, and you haven't even left your house yet.

"Crrrrraaaaaap~" You sang, trying to keep a semi-positive attitude. You looked down at yourself while exiting your bathroom. "Shirt? Buttoned. Skirt? Zipped. Socks? Up. Blazer? On. Hotel? Trivago." You chuckled to yourself, grabbing the last of your necessities. You grabbed your phone, headphones, keys, and put your shoes on before exiting your apartment.

Still wanting to be somewhat on-time-ish you dashed down the stairs of your building before your brain decided to stop you.

'Did you feed the cat? Where even is the cat?'

You panicked, letting out a small shriek of distress, scaring the other people in the lobby, and ran back upstairs. You fumbled with your keys a bit, before finally hearing the lock click. You flung your door open and was greeted by none other than your cat.

"Mrreow" he stared up at you in your frantic state.

"JACK! I'm gonna be late," Your scolded your cat. "Did you eat yet?"

"Moow"

You sighed loudly.

"Move, Jack." You said, stepping around your cat. You filled his bowl and poured him some fresh water before leaving your apartment. Again.

~

You were on the main street headed towards your school. You sighed. This morning was too hectic. 'Maybe it wasn't a good idea to go today.' You pondered continuing on your way. You had just moved in to your new apartment yesterday, and only finished getting all of your belongings in around 2am. It was a nice apartment in the Kanto Region and it was close to a school which was great considering, you didn't have car.

You looked at your watch again, picking up your pace a bit. Classes were going to finish in about 10 minutes, you hoped that you could find where you needed to go before the next class started.

Arriving at the school, you made it just in time to hear the bell. 'Great classes are over!' People exited their classrooms and filled the halls. You pulled out the schedule you had printed out a few days before, looking for your second class. You had art, it was in a building across the campus from where you were currently standing.

'great' You huffed before making your way. You were directionally challenged, but luckily you studied the google maps photos like your life depended on it, just for this moment.

The building wasn't hard to find, but the classroom was a different story. You walked through the halls looking for room #305. As you went you noticed the halls were slowly, but surely clearing out, meaning the bell was going to ring soon. Panicking slightly, your eyes set out to find someone who might be able to help. There was a boy not too far from you talking to some friends, they seemed to almost crowd around him. Perfect! The more popular the person, the more they knew about the school! Quickly and quietly you made your way over to the group of people waiting a few feet away, letting them disperse before making your move.

"Umm, excuse me.." You called out.

You never really had a problem talking to people, you weren't shy at all actually. He turned towards you, only then did you notice he was freaking HUGE. He was tall and pretty built from what you could see, but his hair and eyes stood out the most. His hair was white with black streaks and gelled up and his eyes were golden, they were very pretty, they reminded you of an owls eyes. You caught yourself before you got too distracted.

"Hi, I'm new here, I was wondering if you could tell me where room 305 is?"

"OH HO! NEW KID!" He shouted. You flinched instinctively. He was really loud, very unexpected.

"Here, let me see your schedule," He asked reaching his hand out towards your paper. You handed it over to him with no problem, he seemed nice, and he was kind of attractive, and very loud. You immediately saw why he was so popular.

"AYYY!" You were dragged out of your thoughts by his shouts "We have the same class!" He was beaming, like, you could literally see the light emitting from him.

"Oh yeah...?" You looked back at your schedule after he handed it back to you. "Hm." Before you could think about why he would be so excited, he grabbed your arm and started pulling you down the hall.

"LETTSS GOOO!" He smiled cheekily as he continued dragging you. His energy was great, you would honestly love to be his friend. Chuckling a bit, you picked up your pace so he was no longer dragging you. His attitude was so contagious you couldn't help but to feel giddy as well.

"LETS GO!" Your cheered, with his same enthusiasm. He laughed loudly and pulled you into the classroom you had been looking for, thankfully the bell hadn't rang yet, so everyone was just chilling.

"OH! You can sit next to me!!"