Chapter 6: Notes

Unaccompanied:

not accompanied; alone

The girl eyed the clock in her apartment. 6:30. The party starts at 8 and she needed to get ready so she made her way into her closet. After a few minutes, she had come up with three different outfits

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After about 20 minutes the girl stepped out of the bathroom dressed in her black cargo pants and a brown cropped graphic tee. She made her way to the closet grabbing an army green jacket a purse and a few other accessories. Once she was fully satisfied she switched phone cases and sat on the sofa awaiting a text from her boyfriend. 

While there she looked through her small purse seeing what kinds of things were inside. A few receipts,  a pen, keys to who knows what, some random safety pins, sticky notes, a lot of semi-random things, though the last time she used this purse was 3 years ago. Beginning to place everything into what was basically a cross-body fanny pack, the girl heard a small sound emit from her phone. 

Brayden

hey partys at 1366 Wetherby Street

Odette

Alright! How early should I be?

Brayden

you... shouldn't..?

Odette it's a house party

Odette

Oh, okay lol.
See you then.

With that, she turned off her smartphone and checked the clock again while putting the safety pins into the purse. It was 7:06, so she could leave in about 15 minutes considering where the party was.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 "Alright Larry, that's all the fucking water you're getting, because if I give you any more water I know you're going to be a Diva about it and die." The girl said to her plant, oddly sour, putting down her water pitcher.

Walking to the sink and pouring the remainder of the water into the drain she heard her alarm began to play. She sighed. "Let's just get this over with." She muttered walking back into her bedroom and grabbing her combat boots. Eventually, they were tied and she slipped on her jacket. This should be fine, it's warming up a bit anyway. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Here it is." Y/N said to no one in particular, standing in front of the house. It was rather large, about two stories, one of which would probably be trashed by the end of this event. She looked at the cars parked out front. 5 or 6 of which belonged to the people who lived in the house, others lined the block. She eventually spotted Brayden's license plate amongst the sea of vehicles. The h/c decided to make her way inside.

She walked up and pushed the door open, feeling incredibly anxious when she saw around 30 people piled into the living room. "Hey, Babe!" Brayden walked over, kissing her on the forehead and wrapping an arm around her waist. "This is Odette, my girlfriend." He introduced Y/N to some guys at the party, making sure to have an arm around her or kiss her on the cheek calling her Babe or Baby on occasion. 

Y/N honestly would've preferred to curl up on the ground around all these people but it's not like anything could help her as more and more people arrived inside. "HEY! SOME STANFORD KID IS SHOTGUNNING A BEER!" A boy yelled from the kitchen. The men you were just introduced seemed to make their way to the action. "Be back, Babe!" With a peck on the lips Brayden had followed them, leaving Oddete alone.

The e/c eyed girl took this as her chance to hide in the corner. She slowly retreated to the corner of the room, away from everyone else, feeling a bit of relief was over her as the talking got a bit quieter. "You know what... excellent chance to people watch." She muttered with a chuckle continuing to retreat. She unzipped her purse pulling her phone out. She opened the Notes app.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After successfully psychoanalyzing everyone at the party she smiled at the couple thousand words now saved to her iCloud. She leaned back, actually slightly enjoying the music, though it was sure to make her ears ring. 

Eventually, she got tired of just sitting there though she didn't really want to go find Brayden either...

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

What should you do?

A- Stay in the corner by yourself          B- Go get a drink and look for Brayden

A/N: Okay, I'm not telling you to choose one but like *cough* A *cough*. Also, I just wanted to say SUPER huge thanks to Wren, BUNNYCRUMBS, and Corey. You all really helped me keep writing and overall just end up making my day, so thank you!!

Answer Poll here:

https://www.quotev.com/quiz/14024137/Blacklight-Poll-Chapter-6