Chapter 1 - Casual sex

My eyes were glued to the clock as I continued to tap my pen on my desk. It was loud, however I had timed my tapping to match the seconds hand as they continued to tick by.

"Someone's keen for after work drinks!" Chelsea said spinning on her heels to face me in front of my desk.

I cringed slightly as I tried to smile and look up at Chelsea.

"Oh come on!" She moaned as she leaned against my desk. "You promised you would actually come to this one."

I rolled my eyes and leaned my head against the desk. "Did I? Or did I just say that to shut you up?" I joked.

She paused for a moment to think. "Both." She chuckled. "Come on first rounds on you, it's only fair because you've missed so many."

I moaned again and sat back up in my seat. "We get paid the same right? How can you afford to shout people drinks. I'll have to pick up a side gig on the street corner to even afford one round." I joked.

Chelsea chuckled and waved her hand at me. "You're so funny (F/N)."

Am I?.... I wasn't kidding...

I frowned and raised an eyebrow up at her. "Don't you have a boy toy you can squeeze for cash? I'm a single broke bitch."

A smile pulled across her face as she did a little twirl. "You mean Ben? He's my boyfriend not my boy toy." She chuckled.

"Same thing." I shrugged.

She chuckled. "It's not though, we're exclusive." She said in an almost demeaning tone.

I resisted the urge to roll my eyes into the back of my head after hearing her.

Exclusive ...

My current situation is the polar opposite... I wouldn't even call it having a friend with benefits... we aren't friends ... I would call it maybe casually hooking up....

Don't judge me... I have needs too ya know...

Plus it works for me... I don't want a relationship....

I hummed in response as my desk phone began to ring. I looked past Chelsea to see the clock hanging on the wall.

2 more minutes really... I guess I better answer this...

I picked up the phone and held it to my ear. "Hello welcome to the ..." I said before I was rudely cut off.

"Hello! Are you in charge of this ridiculous hero agency? He almost killed us! He's young, reckless and seems to do more damage than ...." the voice said on the other line before I cut in.

"I'm sorry, but it sounds like you're alive and well. Which means my boss has done his job so I really can't see why you're making such a fuss." I sighed giving Chelsea a wave to leave without me.

She nodded and mimed some kind of 'meet you at the bar' dance as she left.

"There's plenty of other hero's that could have done the job with less collateral damage." They said angrily.

You ungrateful bitch...

"I'm sure there are, and I'm sure they would have eventually gotten to you ... hopefully before anything worse happened." I said bluntly.

The phone line went silent for a short moment.

"Look you've actually come through to this agencies publicist. So I'll put you through to the complaints department. But I would seriously question your complaint, he saved your life." I said still hearing no response. "Please stay on the line and I'll put you through now." I said quickly bashing my finger down on the transfer button.