Flashback 39

"I still can't believe that you and Malfoy are spending more time with one another," grumbled Ginny, as Hermione's head shot up from the DAILY PROPHET; quirking an eyebrow at her.

"It hasn't been that long," scowled Hermione, but her lips were twitching with amusement and muted satisfaction.

"I barely see you anymore these days Hermione," she whined, snatching the newspaper from the older witch's grasp. "You're either cuddling with my boyfriend and brother while babbling nonsense at the corner of the room, or wiped your existence from the face of this earth with your boyfriend! What if you forgot to invite me to your wedding with the sodding ferret as well?"

"Ginny!" she shrieked, scandalized. She snatched the newspaper back and dropped her tone. "First- me, Harry, and Ron are discussing matters Dumbledore gave him, second- Draco needs my support-"

"-its not like you can say no to his pretty face,"

"-thirdly," said Hermione a bit louder, "He's not my boyfriend!"

"Fiancée then?" quipped the red-head innocently, before watching her friend's cheeks tinged a rosy pink color while spluttering.

"Ho ho, someone's craving to be Mrs. Malfoy," she teased, and was promptly smacked by a red cushion straight on the face.

"Honestly Ginny," she sighed, her octaves higher, "I don't know where he and I stood. We didn't announce ourselves in a- I don't know-relationship like you and Harry did,"

"But did he ever said 'I love you' to you?"

"I'd love you as a muggle-born- and I'm perfectly capable of loving you in any other form or world,"

"Yes," said Hermione, her voice higher than normal. "But-"

"-then you shouldn't worry about it," waving an airy finger at her. "It's honestly so cute how you two are so distractingly in love that neither noticed a label to defined you,"

"Not you too," she groaned, "Blaise generously reminded me that at least twice a week!"

"Oh, how did that go?" she asked, straightening herself and placing her hands on her lap. "Did Blaise hexed Malfoy's balls off?"

"Nearly," confessed Hermione with a giggle, "But I threatened him that if he ever laid a finger on Draco- he would face Ellie's wrath," Ginny's smile immediately dropped, and she scooted closer to her friend.

"He doesn't know, does he?" she said quietly, "Malfoy doesn't know that he had an older sister?"

"No," Hermione sighed, shaking her head. "It's not my right to tell him either way,"

"Did he at least know about your powers?"

"Yeah," nodded Hermione, as an unfamiliar smirk crept up her face. "He nearly pissed in his pants when I conjured up a fiery rose,"

"Please do make me your godmother to your children," sighed Ginny contently, bending her arms before placing them under her head. "I would love to see the show,"

Hermione smothered her last few words with a loud cough as Harry and Ron approached them. The messy jet-black haired boy immediately went to Ginny's side, giving her a peck on the forehead while his girlfriend squealed.

"And I was the one whose distractedly in love," she murmured, pointedly ignoring Ron's arm that was extended to her backside as she scooted nearer to Ginny.