It was just a kiss

"It was just a kiss... A stupid damn kiss!" Amity paced around her room, embarrassed and confused. She's known she's felt differently since Luz came to the Boiling Isles... But how did *this* happen?

Moments after Luz left, Amity cried. "Why did it have to get so complicated? Amity fucking Blight... Did you fall for a human? A girl! What would my parents think.. and does she feel the same?"

"No. Damn it, you're a Blight. You're strong. You don't need your parents." She says, as she wipes away her messy tears. "Yeah. I'll be okay. I don't have to care about *her* anymore. It's why I dyed my hair. I need to stand up for myself. Okay. All you gotta do is..." She trails off

"T-tell Luz how you feel! That's easy, right? Ugh. Titan knows I'm only fooling myself. I can't tell Luz! No. I gotta. Just .. talk to her next shift at work." She sighs, relieved by the distraction she gets at work. The children may be young, but she likes making them happy.

She begins to walk toward to mirror, and fiddle with her new hair, admiring the pretty purple. "Yeah. I like this. She can't make me fit in anymore. I'm not your perfect daughter, Mom!" She says, getting pumped up at the mirror.

And then.. she chuckles. As she realizes how horribly that'd go, and how a mere year prior she'd gawk at the simple thought of disobedience.

"I always had to be the popular kid, didn't I? Wonder how Boscha's doing these days." Amity rolls her eyes, at the thought that she used to associate with people like Boscha.

She sighs. "What now? I've got a few hours to kill I suppose." She pulls out her phone, flipping through all the various social media sites. "Wow, I'm tired... Today was long. To bed I guess."