Runaway

Sirius, please don't do this. Please don't leave me!" Regulus Black cried as he watched his brother pack his bag. "Don't leave me!" He yelled but his brother had already bolted out the door.

He knew Sirius Black was tired. Tired of it all, his parents, this home and him. Never in a million years did Reggie ever want to think about being all alone. He loved his brother so much, Sirius was the only one who ever understood him, protected him but now he was gone. Somewhere Regulus didn't know, and he didnt want to.

He cried the entire night not being able to bare the loss of his brother. Although he wasn't dead, Regulus was sure he soon would be. Regulus didn't want to think about his parents and what they would do now that he was the only Black Heir. He felt like screaming and thrashing his room, but he couldn't risk his parents hearing.

The word had gotten around the school that Sirius had a muggleborn girlfriend and this was the first night they had returned from hogwarts. Regulus warned his brother about the consequences he would face at home. How mad their parents would be, but that just made it more tempting for Sirius. Right now, he hated him, he hated Sirius! He hated Sirius so much. He just wanted to cry again but that was so weak. The Black Heir hated crying, if he did, it meant that he was weak! That's what his parents said.

•••

Meanwhile the Potter home was quiet and peaceful before three large and desperate thumps were heard at the main door. Due to the presence of only three people in the house and the time being 3 am, the family was alerted. Fleamont Potter took big steps towards the door carefully while Euphemia Potter was guarding her son with her hand in front of him.

They gasped as an all to familiar shaggy, black dog collapsed on the doorstep.

"Merlin, Sirius!" James ran past his parents and picked up the heavy form of the dog.

"Is that?" Euphemia Potter questioned with concern as her son frantically nodded.

"Get him in, now!" The family of three rushed to the warm sofa in the living room. Sirius had gained consciousness again and changed into his human self. A small smile played on his face as he saw a portrait of the Potter family. He was safe and away, he was there, finally.

From what he could make out through his blurry vision was a tall figure tending to him. He winced as he felt a stingy liquid rub on his face with a cotton. A tear made its way through his black eye that his parents had given him. He could hear panic filled, muffled speaking of his best friend above his figure.

Fleamont Potter rushed in with several potions in hand. Sirus was sure that his face was all bruised up and shirt all soaked up with red blood. When Sirius was asked what happened he was only able to get onw word out "Mother."

It enraged Euphemia that a mother would do something like this to their own son. She tried to keep her calm while tending to the wounds as to not hurt Sirius more than he already was.

"Don't worry, you're safe from her now." James spat with disgust as he brought a glass of water out from the kitchen.

As much as pain he was in, he was the happiest he had ever been. He knew that the Potter's won't send him back to Grimauld Place. Back to his sorry excuse for a mother. Orion Black wasn't better either. Although, he didn't physically beat him, he didn't even try stopping Walburga. Which in some way was worse as he just stood there and watched his son get beaten. Reggie, he had always tried to protect reggie. It killed him inside that he left him alone to them. Was it a mistake? Should he have forced Reggie to come with him?

He wasn't able to think more as a calming and sleeping draught was brought up to his lips. And as soon as he drank it he fell into a deep and calming sleep. Blocking out all the noise around him and all the pain inside him. 

~~~

"Look what they did to him mum! Shouldn't they be reported for this!? It is child abuse!" James Potter yelled out in frustration after they put Sirius to sleep.

His mother was almost in tears seeing the young boy so hurt and helpless. But they knew they couldn't do anything.

The Black's were a very strong, powerful and respected family. Nothing compared to the Potter's. While their household was sweet and short, the Black's were among the most powerful and large. If the Potter's were to go against they would be nothing but pushed away and ignored. Every minister of magic was a coward, won't be able to stand up against them.

"I know, honey I know. He's alright now." Mia (Euphemia) tried to calm her son and pulled him to an embrace.