Control

It's difficult to control yourself you know... Especially when there are people around you who are constantly asking you how you and your fiance have been.

Yes, my visits to him have increased. Yes, I went on quite a few dates with him.
Yes, he made me do an interview for him.
Yes, we're closer than ever but still.

Why do I need to come to a conclusion just because I'm getting married? I don't get it. I don't know if I love him. I know that he has piqued my interests though. I know that he loves me. But I don't know why.

That's why I don't have a proper answer for any of my relatives or friends. I just don't have one.

Plus my house has become a Dharamshala where people from far away and near, everyone has come to stay. It's good for bhai, he stays in our apartment with suha. I'm the only one being trampled here.

That's why, right now, I'm right in front of him, packing his bags as he shouts at me. Nope. I'm gone shamelessly in need of help back there. I cannot possibly stay alone with all those elderly people standing over my head all day long.

" Pari. Stop. Don't even think that I'm coming with you! Get your hands off my clothes!!" He shouted
" Suha, white shirt," she even diligently passed it as bhai, stay stuck up in the washroom.

" You have to come with me bhai! Only 2 months. Please. I can not survive alone there!" I shouted and he banged on the door
" Who told you to even stay there then?! Come back here and stay! Just keep your hands off my stuff!" He shouted
" Bhai," my eyes were teary as I opened the door. One thing I learned from being the youngest child is that tears and hugs always work on that idiot elder brother of mine. They even work on my parents and the chances of failure are 0.0000000000%

That's why when I suddenly hugged him after opening the door his eyes widened in shock

" I would've come here if Bua had let me... please bhai," I begged him and he cleared his throat
" You can stop your drama. I'm not going there," was his last decision but, it was too late. I had planned something really bad... hehe

" I already told Bua and mausi that you're coming today. They made gajar ka halwa," he pushed me away and gave me a betrayed look
" How can you do that?!?" He shouted and I wiped my fake tears away
" Bhai, stay with me there na... please," was the only thing I said while pulling the hem of his shirt and he groaned in anger
" I'm going to kill you during my marriage," he declared and picked up his own bags as I and suha smiled from the side.

Now that was a good brother move there but, with all the preparations that were going into the marriage and the home redecoration, shifting, and work, I had a lot on my platter. If the only bhai could take over one of those responsibilities...
Well, after we got there, he did take one responsibility, of taking care of all the guests and take care of the entire marriage. Basically, half of my problems went away when bhai came in. He even took care of Sohit's side's relatives for me and all I had to do now is dress up every day, look pretty in front of everyone, and keeping meeting Sohit to discuss small things like the color of the flowers and things like that.

We were going to get married in a 5-star resort where every one of our families, friends, everyone was invited to. Within 2 months now, I was going to get married. I was feeling jittery plus everyone there just kept making me feel so damn special and kept reminding me that I was going soon enough. It wasn't hard to be happy around so many people whom I knew only wanted the best for me. But it just kept reminding me that it would too come to end, especially at the nights when I was alone. 

He was going on a bachelor's trip for 3 weeks before the wedding and I had no time to plan for a bachelorette's trip or even go on one. Maybe one night before the wedding if suha had planned something. Bhai was going with him so I wasn't that worried about anything. If anything happened, I was sure that those 2 overly protective brothers will kill each other and the guilty one will not come back from the trip. That was the only reason even Suha agreed to let bhai go... It really seemed that those 2 were having a bachelor's trip that very moment...

" We are going on a bachelorette's trip for 2 weeks. Bhai has given them permission, I've talked to ma baba, talked to your dad and Pranav too. Ps. This is not a suggestion. It's an order. Be ready till 18th April," she ordered after coming home and I sighed. 

18th April was like 2 days apart and I still had a lot of things to do!! I couldn't possibly go... 

" I have work here suha. There's dress fitting, and I still have to overlook the house renovation," I told her and she hung her hand around my neck
" I think you didn't hear what I said clearly. Bhai will take care of the renovation for now and leave all the other work to your brother. He should also be of some use... Useless brother of the bride," she told me and I looked at my brother who was staring at us with squinted eyes that gave off the "betrayed" look. He was also holding a needle, trying to make a garland when he had never done any of that in years as I made rangoli and Suhani stayed hanging over me. Sohit's parents were coming for a lunch that day so everyone was more than perked up in the house...
" Bhai already has too much on his platter suha," I told her and she scoffed as my brother sighed and went back to making the garland. Unfortunately, I'm not like suha. I can't push people I love into doing something I knew they couldn't do...

" He can handle a little more work," ok. Who was that?? I turned around and looked at him walking in and immediately stood up. I mean, my rangoli was done... And I was ready. Weren't his parents supposed to come too??
" That's exactly what I've been trying to tell her bhai!!" Suha shouted in my ear and I sighed 
" That is is so not true! I literally have to entertain all kinds of guests. Do this... This kind of stuff! I am not free for any more jobs!" my brother added and I saw him throw down the needle and frowned
" Bhai pick it up, please. Someone can step on it," thankfully, my brother has a brain and he listens to me on such trivial matters... 

" It's just 2 weeks though. He can manage," Sohit insisted and I looked at bhai. Well, I did want to go and I know that I was making that cute face he can never say no to... And since I am a charmer I already knew his answer
" Fine," I hugged him in excitement. Yay! Now I can enjoy it for 2 weeks properly before he goes and I have to take care of everything... Thank God. 
" Thank you!" I shrieked because I was really excited and I could see his bright, sad yet cute smile there. 

I wish he keeps supporting me through everything... Just like this. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm really sorry for the slow updates but going forth, I will be updating regularly.

Thank you for everyone for reading my story. It really means a lot.

Please vote and comment.

^-^