The day

He came into the dressing room along with bhai. I did want to meet my father but not my brother after what he did or tried to do that very night. Nope, I was not at all pleased with it. I just looked away and focused on my father when it came to that because who would even want to look at his guilty face. Not me. I'd rather see my dad's happy yet sad face. It had so much more to say... 

" You look pretty," he kept his hand on my chin and I smiled. Of course, I looked pretty but that coming from my father was a little different than that coming from any of my friends or even aunts. It just had this special meaning to it... 
" Exactly yeah, you look good," as if I needed that from him. I did not even look at him. No need. I just turned to look at the mirror, just to ignore him. It should've really been an emotional moment for me but it was not emotional after he opened his mouth and I was still angry at him for everything. 
" See. She's ignoring me now. I tried papa," I say him complaining to my father through the mirror and only rolled my eyes. That is all he can do because he's wrong. My brother knows it so so well... 
" Yeah well, I don't blame her. You stole her payal," my father just brushed him off and I raised an eyebrow. Stole my payal? So my brother lied to our father so that he would not be attacked. Great. Backstabbing, liar of a brother. But then he gave me that look. He was really sorry, I could so well see it in the mirror. Plus, I myself did not want to create a bigger deal of it. So, I just took a deep breath and put my hands over my head, just to check if everything was set properly or not. 
" Yeah, whatever. Just get out. I want to spend time with my papa," I turned around to look right at him with a smile that he knew was not forged. So, he got his spirits up a little too. 
" My papa? Hello. I came here first," 
" Exactly. They didn't have a child so they adopted you and then I came along. Pretty me," I flaunted myself in front of him and both of the men laughed 
" I definitely wish that was the scene here, Pari," my father held my chin again while smiling and I pouted 
" I don't want to marry," I declared, as a joke mind you, and I knew that both of them understood that it was a joke because my brother seriously took a chair and sat right next to me 
" Let's leave her back where she came from then. Papa. I don't remember, which dustbin did I even get her from. We'll need to search but I'm sure we'll find it somewhere in the junkyard," he was smirking and I gasped at his claims and then only hit him on the back hard 
" Bhai!!" he only chuckled but then, my father came to my rescue. He did what I so wanted to do at that moment, pulled my brother's ears, and made him say sorry to me. That made my day. Just seeing him shout at my dad in pain, and trying to fight back but then, just say sorry in the middle was enough to give me a good laugh for over 3 hours. I was still laughing while thinking about it later on when I was all alone. 

But then came the time I had to be a bride more than a daughter or a sister. 

The mood was light and happy but suddenly, I could see tears in my dad's eyes as he held my hand, to walk me to the mandap. I found my brother looking away, not ready to face me with those tears in his eyes and I felt so sad. I don't what it was because I was not practically going away but still. I was marrying. Now I won't be called Mr. Singhania's daughter or sister. I'll be Mrs. Kulkarni. They won't have that kind of a right over me anymore. So, I just had to hug those two once before we got out of the room because after mom died, I was the next best thing to mom they could remember. We had the same blue eyes, and plenty of other similarities I don't know but my dad can literally write down for you. If my mom would've been there, she would've herself been crying so, I can't say anything to these guys. 

" I'm not going away to some foreign country guys. I'll be coming back tomorrow for the pagfere ki rasam," I had to remind them and both of them looked at me in shock 
" What is that?" my brother wiped his tears and I just blinked my eyes innocently 
" Didn't mausi tell you? My brother, that is you, has to bring me home for 2 days right after marriage," I asked him and my father kept a hand over my head 
" I'll tell him later. We really need to get you out right now or else people will think that you ran away," 

And that is how I convinced them to not cry and take me out. Well, they did cry in the middle but then, Suha was with them, doing the tissue girl's job and I was sitting next to a stiff man who did not have anything to say to me. 

My marriage was a public event and it was huge that's why we didn't have a reception. It was a grand event in itself and till that day, both me and Sohit were really lovey-dovey but I guess he didn't have anything except guilt in his mind because he only gazed at me when I wasn't looking at him. 

" You have anything to say? We're going to be sitting here for 2 hours," I just had to do it. Why? Because I liked it when he complimented me. Don't judge me. I just was missing his compliment at that moment. 
" I'm sorry," that made me sigh. Do a mistake, say sorry. That is how the world worked but I really did not want to talk about the mistakes he had made that day. 
" It better be a pact," I looked sharply at him and he just looked shocked. I meant what I said. I did not want to meet his "Friends" just hours before my marriage and if he was the one who planned it to be a way for me to run away from what was happening then, I would be angrier than I was right now. And he definitely got it clear because his face softened and he nodded 

" You look like a literal angel, prettier than ever," that was exactly what I had been waiting for. So, I smiled only slightly and looked away in shyness but I did feel his hands ease out under mine and hold mine softly now. I guess he smiled too after seeing me smile. 

Well. I definitely hope that he doesn't do dumb things after our wedding and it gets this easy to forgive him every time after he does something...