𝐈𝐈𝐈

𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝐈𝐈𝐈: 𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓𝐇 𝐒𝐊𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐒

𝐌𝐀𝐆𝐍𝐎𝐋𝐈𝐀'𝐒 𝐒𝐈𝐃𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐁𝐔𝐑𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐏𝐀𝐈𝐍. The longer she kept running, the more her wound seemed to grow bigger. She wouldn't be surprised if her ribs would be showing at this point. The pain slowed her down, and she was quickly overtaken by the others, same as Octavia. Clarke stopped once to try and see if Jasper could still be seen. Finn had to drag her away, both of them now taking over the rear, Monty going first, then Octavia, then Maggie then Finn and Clarke.

They just kept running. They were worn out, and Maggie could feel herself swaying slightly, but she brushed it off. They continued sprinting until Monty tripped over. When he lifted his head, he and the others were disgusted to find a human skeleton. Octavia and Finn had to help the boy up.

"Who are they?" Finn asked quietly. Some birds cawed in the distance as Clarke picked up the skull.

Maggie made a noise of disgust, clutching her side. "Don't pick it up. It could have disease. You're supposed to be the doctor."

Clarke ignored her as the deformed skull that looked like E.T (Maggie loved that movie) stared at them with empty sockets. "What are they?"

"We are so screwed," Octavia breathed out. Suddenly a scream that sounded curiously like Jasper's filled the air. Clarke dropped the skull.

"Jasper," she murmured. "He's alive." She took off, the others following her.

"Oh, we're still running. Fantastic," Maggie panted, also following, just largely behind them. Finn tried to stop her, but she wouldn't be halted.

"Clarke. Wait. Stay under the trees." His advice stopped her. Or maybe it was the empty spot where Jasper had previously been that stopped her. "He was right there. No. Where is he?"

"They took him," Clarke said. Maggie ran up to them.

"Of course they took him. You don't leave lunch out in the open, do you?" Everyone looked at her incredulously. "What? We don't know what they did with him. Maybe they're cannibals."

"You need to start being more optimistic, Mags," Octavia sighed out. Maggie opted for a lazy smile.

"You know me, Via. Always one for the dramatics," Maggie panted. "Speaking of dramatics, I think I'm gonna pass out now." She leaned to the side as her eyes rolled into the back of her head, limp as a rag doll. Monty just managed to catch her.

"Maggie!" Clarke yelled out, rushing to her injured side. The blood was staining her yellow jumpsuit that she wore on the way down from the Ark. The blonde put two fingers to the older girl's neck. A faint thumping made her sigh in relief.

"She's got a pulse. Someone has to carry her," she announced. Finn was already putting his arm under her knees and upper back. Monty helped to hoist them both up, her head and other arm falling limp. Finn adjusted his grip, making her head fall against his chest and Octavia put her arm over her stomach.