06. theres no place like homecoming

chapter six
corruption

The brunette was rudely woken up the following morning by a message from Spencer telling her to come over to the Montgomery residence as soon as. She and Noel had fallen asleep not long after his proposal, resulting to her spending the night at the Kahn house.

"I feel like I'm doing the walk of shame" Blair grumbled, rubbing the sleep out of her eyes, her shoes in her hands. A shirtless Noel chuckled from beside her as the two made their way down the stairs.

"It's not a walk of shame if you have nothing to be shameful about" he replied.

"I'm regretting saying yes to homecoming already" she joked, sitting on the bottom step so that she could put her shoes on.

"I'm sure plenty of other girls would be lining up to take your place" Noah said, a smirk on his face as he handed the Parker girl her phone.

"Go ask them then." Blair sassed, a smile on her face.

"Call me?" Noel asked when Blair opened the door.

"Maybe."

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

"The hot ones here!" Blair shouted, closing the door behind her. She had rushed home to change, knowing that the girls would question why she was in yesterday's clothes. Today, she had decided to wear black low waisted pants, a white crop top and a pair of heeled ankle boots.

"Dont lie, it'll get you nowhere" a voice spoke, making Blair jump.

"Noah! What are you doing here?"

"Waiting for Mike" he shrugged, shoving another spoonful of cereal in his mouth, milk dripping down his chin.

"Gross."

"Gross" he mimicked, pointing at his older sister.

"Hey, let's go- oh hey Blair."

"Hi Mike. Bye Mike." Blair replied, shoving her brother out of the way before ascending up the stairs.

"Don't even think about it" Noah spoke, when he saw Mikes attention on the staircase.

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

"That's easy, I'm not going" Blair heard Aria speak from inside her room. The Parker girl found her friends crowded around Aria's bed, the short brunette surrounded in blankets and junk food.

"Going where?" Blair asked, moving a plate out of her way before sitting on the edge of the bed.

"Homecoming" Hanna replied, her arms crossed.

"Oh yes you are, missy" Blair said, pointing a finger at the Montgomery girl.  "God, you look like crap."

"Thanks" Aria replied sarcastically. "And I'm not going."

"What are you gonna do instead, then?" Emily questioned, her eyebrows furrowing.

"I don't know, read this and inhale a gallon of chunky monkey" she replied, lifting a magazine in the air.

"Hey, cutting yourself off from the rest of your life is not gonna help your parents. Besides, they may work it out" Spencer said sympathetically.

"Yeah, when people get angry they blow up, but it doesn't mean it's over" Emily said with a sad smile.

"They didn't blow up tho Em. Her dad slept with his student" Hanna said before realising her mistake. "I'm sorry."