11. moments later

chapter eleven
corruption

The Parker household was much quieter than normal. Noah didn't have anyone to argue with, and Everly didn't have her gossip buddy. The four were gathered in the living room, an old romantic comedy on the television.

Cara and James were laid on the sofa, their arms wrapped around each other. Everly sat in the arm chair, a blanket covering her body as she read 'it ends with us' with her glasses perched on her nose. Noah, as per usual was sat on the floor eating. His back rested against Everly's chair, his legs sprawled out on the carpet.

Just as the music for the ending credits started to play, the house phone began to ring. James huffed, untangling himself from his wife before walking over to the phone, holding it against his ear.

"Hello" he said, not knowing who was on the other end.

"James?" a voice spoke, his eyebrows furrowing when he recognised it.

"Ashley?"

"James, somethings happened. You need to come down to the hospital." Mrs Marin replied, still shaken by the news she had just revived.

"Is everything okay?"

"It's Blair. She and Hanna were involved in a accident, I'm at the hospital now."

. ˚ . ✿ 。 ˚ .

The three girls sat in the waiting room, either on the phone to their parents or staring into space, worried about their two friends. Noah and Everly sat beside each other, Noah's arms wrapped around his younger sister.

"Is she okay, Mrs Marin?" Aria asked the older woman, who had just spoken to the doctor about Hanna.

"She's going to be alright." Ashley replied. "She's - she has a broken leg and a broken ankle, bruised ribs and- they might have to remove her spleen. What happened?"

"Hanna was coming across the parking lot and this car just came out of nowhere." Aria spoke, not exactly lying but not telling the truth.

"The police found the car but they said it was stolen." Mrs Marin said.

"Did they catch the driver?" Emily asked, still worried about Blair, who they hadn't heard about yet.

"No, not yet."

"The cops should be looking for Toby Cavanaugh." Spencer hissed, angry that two of her best friends had gotten hurt.

"It wasn't Toby Cavanaugh, the police picked him up last night." Ashley explained, the girls' eyes widening.

"What?" Emily questioned.

"One of the officers told me they found him hiding in town and they were bringing him into the station when they got the call about Hanna and Blair."

Spencer went to reply but paused when she saw Cara and James walking towards them.

"How is she?" Ashley asked, taking hold of Cara's hand.

"A few cuts and bruises and a broken arm. She'll only have to stay a night or two." Cara said. "Do they know who was driving?"

Everyone shook their heads, causing her to sigh. The fake blonde watched as her husband walked over to his youngest daughter, pulling the girl into a hug.

"She'll be okay." he whispered to Everly.

"You girls should get home, we'll call you when they can have visitors." Ashley spoke, Cara nodding in agreement.

"Just let them know that we were here." Aria said, giving them a small smile.

Noah nodded towards the girl, answering her silent question. "Dad, I'm gonna take Eve home. Aria said she'll give us a lift."