CHAPTER 10: JEFF BEZOS AND DIMPLES ON DISPLAY

ELLIE

ELLIE

"Is he cute? Is he cute?" Komal shrieks through the phone, and beside me, Alexis snorts.

"I mean he kinda is?"

"He's not, he's ugly," Lex mutters under her breath.

"Is that your roommate Alexis?" Komal asks, her voice taking on a conspiratory tone.

"Yup, hey!" I think Alexis and Komal would be amazing friends, considering their propensity to be batshit crazy.

"Always loved her. Anyway, why is she saying he isn't cute? Isn't he? Why do I not have a picture yet, is this how you decide to treat me?"

I hope she can hear me rolling my eyes, "How will I find a picture?"

"Instagram, dum dum."

"Yeah that's private I haven't followed him yet."

"Does he follow you?" Lex asks.

"Yeah does he?" Komal chimes in.

Are they ganging up on me? Is this what this is? I don't understand why they have to be nose deep in my relationship, which they aren't even letting blossom yet, with the amount of shit-talking they're doing.

I put Komal on speaker so she can bitch with Lex better, "He doesn't, he didn't request me."

"Oh what a load of shit—"

"NO WAY!—"

"EW dump him—"

"He's ugly anyway—"

"Okay stop!" I practically scream inside the car, "Stop you possibly can't know how a person is by his Instagram activity."

"Love, a guy who likes to boast as much he does," Lex says, looking at me annoyingly, "Won't be inactive on his Instagram."

Alexis and I are on our way to this club called 'The Pentacles' which is funny because it's giving me more of a reason to not go in there.

I've watched enough paranormal videos and Ryan Bergara getting scared compilations to know that I should never willingly go inside a pentacle, should a demon decide to eat me alive.

"Ellie," Komal says hesitantly, "when I asked you to jump on the bones of brunette guy, I didn't mean the first brunette you see."

"I know what I am doing—"

"You realize that with a soulmate you actually have to be happy right?"

"I don't even know Parker well enough."

"Good time to run," Lex remarks as she pulls up in front of the club.

"Okay, Komal I'll let you know how the date goes!"