CHAPTER 25: ALCOHOL CONNOISSEUR AND STORMY BLACK EYES

ELLIE

This is worse than I imagined. I think I might be drunk which is worsening the condition.

The 'game location' as Hunter called it, is the dining table and the cupboard in the upper bedroom, where one of us has to stand guard. I am not sure if the game is worth all the effort – or even the constant climb up and down the stairs.

"Next one will be us blondie, you can bet on it," Aaron says, chugging something straight out of a bottle. It doesn't look like vodka and I am no alcohol connoisseur.

"In your dreams," Alexis, beside me, makes a slitting motion through her throat, now SHE's the one chugging vodka straight through a tall glass to win some twisted competition they're indulging in. She said there was nothing else available to drink from, as if it's the most normal thing in the world, drinking liquor from a glass, kids drink milk from.

Both of them are rip-roaring drunk and swaying on their feet. The whole table mostly keeps out of whatever the fuck is going on there; it seems a lot like sexual tension AND a war to the death between them. Whatever it is, Jade doesn't look happy about it.

She's standing on my other side, throwing conspiratory glances at me and I am pretty sure she's trying to communicate something to me telepathically but I am too foggy and buzzed to decipher any of it. After what happened with Parker, I needed something and I am forever grateful to the universe for not seeing him at the party anymore.

But more than anything, I needed liquid courage for the six feet blond hunk in front of me. Actually, to my diagonal, which is a cruel joke on me because our positioning just makes it easier for the bottle to land on us both. This day is mean.

Logan runs a hand through his hair and I clench my thighs involuntary. His platinum hair sparkles under the light, falling in layers like satin. I get this urge to run my hands through his hair. The muscles in his arms move and my throat dries up, the black t-shirt really brings out his biceps. He had a leather jacket that he ditched a while ago. All for good though, because lo and behold! That man has veiny arms – straight out of an erotica romance book. Every time he's looked at me with his jet-black devil eyes, and pink, full lips pursed in a straight line, it's like a live wire zapping through me.

I gulp down the contents of my solo cup, a bitter swallow as the aftermath is too less of a price to pay in exchange for not being in Logan's vicinity sober.

"Okay spin," hunter announces.

"So no one else remembered the TikTok song 'spin the bottle, spin the fucking bottle?'" Dean snorts, "Am I playing with a bunch of fifty-year-olds?"

"And are you sixteen?" Hunter's arm rests on Logan's shoulder casually, "That's not a TikTok song, kid."

"Actually it is-"

"Oh shut up and spin it already!" Jade grips the bottle and gives it a spin.

I can watch it all happen in slow motion like some fucked up romantic movie on comedy central. The bottle spins once, twice and every time it spins my heart gets caught up in my throat. I stare at the bottle for so long and so intently, the room starts to sway when I look up. Or maybe it's the booze. Or maybe it's because Logan's eyes are locked on me.

Whatever it may be, I know, like some fucked up karmic balance, some prophetic bone deep inside me that the bottle is going to land on us. It'd be poetic justice from the universe after what happened to Parker. Wait, what happened with Parker again? Things are starting to get a little blurry and I feel a light headache blossoming in the center of my head. I don't think I drank too much but note to self, alcohol and Logan's stormy black eyes are a terrible, terrible combination for your senses.

The bottle starts to slow and geez did it really take this long to slow down while it was spinning the rest of the time? Everything is surely taking its sweet time trying to pummel me to my death because I am genuinely going insane.

"Is it me or is it terribly hot in here?" I practically rip my jacket apart. My neck is slick with sweat, everything feels stuffy and my hands are clammy. Boy, do I not mix well with alcohol.

"It's you and Lo!" Lex screams in my ear.

"What?!" the music is too loud, we actually do need to scream.

"This is my deepest fantasy coming true."

I know my senses are warped right now but I can't be the only one who thinks she's slurring right now.

"Keep it in your pants blondie, you aren't going in the cupboard with them," Aaron takes a swig out of his bottle, his hair is slick wet with sweat or water, I don't know and there's a droopy grin plastered on his face. His eyes are bright green at this moment and they're stuck on Alexis. 

Fishy.

I have very little control over my senses right now but I know as soon as I go in that cupboard with Logan, I am going to lose the little sense of sanity that I do have. He has me in his hold like a puppet and the alcohol in my system is only going to enhance that.

"Shall we, princess?" I turn around to see Logan with his hand out; his face bored and uninterested.

"Don't call me that."

Listen, I really tried to be snotty and hold myself with grace but one look at Logan and his sharp cheekbones, with alcohol in my system, and I, almost fell face-first on the floor.

Almost, because Logan wrapped an arm around my waist, "I will definitely call you that and, you're a lightweight huh?"

I knew with his hands around me, that I would not survive this game. It really was going to be my seven minutes in heaven...or hell. 

                           ★-★

HII GUYS!! HOW HAVE YOU BEEN