Chapter 5

-Who do you think you are?!-

"There's someone else here!" I barked at Willow. Why is this in first person POV? Because the authors don't want you to know my name until I tell Willow! (Fallen: Why are you breaking the fourth wall?!) Because I wish to do so. Willow quickly stood up and scanned her surroundings. I heard something running through the trees and making a lot of noise, not even caring about the noise it seemed.

"Who's out there?!" Willow growled as she glared at her surroundings. I just watched from the bush. I thought it would be better if she didn't know who I was, just yet. I couldn't have her knowing more about the shards could I now?

"I don' knaw." I barked amusingly. Willow growled at the bush I was in and raised a paw to bat at it. "If you attack me, I swear."

"You swear what? You think you can hurt me?" She growled as she took two steps towards the bush "I-" A loud noise came just at that exact moment and then Willow collapsed to the ground. 'What the-' I thought as I walked out of the bush and looked down at Willow. She looked up at me with fear filled eyes. She didn't move, she just stared at me and I stared at her. She seemed to try moving her paws but they just didn't. "Ar-" I started

"Hey look at that!" A voice giggled from nearby, cutting me off. 'A human...' I turned and looked up at a short human. They seemed to be a child? What were they doing out here on their own?! Eh. Most foxes that live here are generally docile so I guess its fine. The human wore a gray and blue long sleeved shirt along with dark blue pants and fingerless gloves, they also wore gray shoes and their hair was a light brown and reached down to their shoulders. How do I know so much about humans you may ask? Well... I can't tell you just yet!

I glanced back at Willow, she still hadn't moved from the ground, and padded over to the human. The human gasped and sat down before reaching out both hands to me. 'They don't carry anything, so how could Willow be paralyzed?' I asked myself as I let the human pet me. "Hey foxy is that your girlfriend?" The kid asked and I looked at him and made a disgusted face. "Haha! You look funny, I guess she isn't your girlfriend... Sorry for hurting her...." The kid mumbled and only then did I realize they smelled a little off. They smelled metallic, disgusting, and a bit like blood? The kid stopped petting me and pulled something out of their pants' pockets. A knife- I backed off and ran towards Willow, she had something small and shiny embedded into the skin in her left hind leg. The kid sat there crying and dropped the knife. "M-my father... He shot the bullet. He told me to- to..." The kid cried. 'How'd I not realize this before?! That kid- I have to leave now!'

"Sorry kid but I can't deal with this. Willow is hurt because of you and your father." I barked at the kid before starting to drag Willow away towards the ocean, which I knew for a fact wasn't that far but I thought the kid wouldn't dare follow us there. Maybe they were afraid of water or something... I really hoped they were.

I ran off, and I didn't hear anything behind me so I assumed the kid wasn't following, but then I heard a gunshot and whimpering. 'I can't just leave whoever whimpered with that kid's father!' I thought and looked at Willow. She just lay there watching me, breathing. At least she was breathing and not dying. I sniffed around the beach quickly, looking for an abandoned nest where I could leave her until I saved whoever had whimpered. 'There!' I saw the nest before I scented it and dragged Willow's paralyzed self over to it. She seemed pretty mad seeing as she glared at me the entire time but I just ignored it and shoved her into the nest. "I'll be right back in a minute." I told her quietly as she tried to strech a paw at me. I ran right back out and saw a tall light skinned human with green eyes and a rifle- I ran right past him and searched for the animal that whimpered. The human was always a few feet behind me and kept firing his rifle. I narrowly escaped every single time. "Who's out there?! I need you to say something! I'm here to help, so please do as I say!" I barked just as a bullet landed in the grass right by my side. 'Oh sh*t!' Why'd I decide to curse like a human instead of like Willow? Eh who knows.

"But Irelina!" A voice whimpered from somewhere far from where I stood. 'I'll have to leave Willow alone for a little longer.' I thought as I dodged another round of bullets from the human and rushed over to where I thought I'd heard the voice come from. I made it and found nothing. "Look kid or whoever you are, I'm going to need for you to be a bit specific on where you are!" I barked. "I need to help Irelina!" Just then I recognized the name the voice said.

"My sister's alive? But I-"